5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and inspirational reading matter
I must admit that I have always been a bit dubious regarding self help books and their general context.
After reading I can not put this book down. I can honestly (hand on heart) say it has changed my way of thinking on some negative matters that were dragging me down in life.
Published on 13 Oct 2005 by dbarnsley2

2.0 out of 5 stars too much waffle and cliché
after being so highly impressed with Elephant and the Twig (one of the most impressive books I've ever read), reading Shape Shifter came as a disappointment.
lots of anecdotes and motivational language talking of "infinite possibilities" that many will be happy to read, but not for me.
This book is heavy on clichéd stereotypical self help phrases,...
Published on 16 Nov 2010 by Ben Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and inspirational reading matter, 13 Oct 2005
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
Geoff is clever, incredibly knowledgeable, and witty. A man who has taken the bull by the horns in life worked incredibly hard and sucessfully shaped his own destiny.
He describes in a non patronising manner how if you really want to change any aspect of your life that gets you down you can if you focus and are determined enough.
I have put some of Geoff's teachings into practice in everyday situations and am already feeling the benefit.
Basically he shows you that what you put in you can more than get out of life, probably not the best thing to read if you are and always will be a confirmed couch potatoe. But an excellent read if you are prepared to work hard and reap the eventual benefits.
A good strong book / very helpful and uplifting. I will be reading some of Geoff's other publications.

5.0 out of 5 stars um, very good, 31 Dec 2006
Chris Higgins "5ilver" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
For the most part this book is simply pure gold. The author clearly makes the point that it is possible that we can do the unimaginable, AND that most often this is simply not going to happen without the slow attrition of time and committment. The distinction is made between possibility/reality thinking and possibility/fantasy thinking.

The main theme of the book is the simplicity and power of putting ourselves in situations where something is asked of you. He understands the principle of 'life develops what it demands', and puts it too work as a change agent. So if you want to develop courage, you simply move yourself to a position in your life where courage is asked of you. You do not need to do anything more, apart from stay there and hang out for a bit. In time it will start to feel as if the place you moved to (somehow) does not seem to need courage anymore. However the enviroment is the same, you have changed. This seems a simple concept. But it is profound. And inherently grounded. It is in operation at all times weather we are aware of it or not. Consciously utilising this principle however, is another matter. I suspect it has a power of transformation that is not commonly seen. I see now I just need to go where what I want is asked of me. I do not need to work out how it will all work out, I just need to have the courage to place myself there and remember that life develops what it demands. Simple and very profound. Thank you Geoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life In One Day, 21 Dec 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
A fantastic practical book!
Not like some of the other self help books i've read - to start with, this is crammed full of practical common sense advice. The author also draws upon the experiences of 'real' people, from all walks of life, some examples of these are: a sculptor, two comedians, businessmen, himself and other martial artists. He also mentions Victor E. Frankl, the author of 'Mans Search For Meaning'. If you want to read about overcoming adversity, then this man's story is essential reading.
I reccomend you read Geoff's book, it could give you the push in the right direction you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 May 2005
Darren Bell "daz1387" (Durham Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
An awesome, highly motivational book, this should be required reading in comprehensive schools... totally inspirational..I read it twice over straight away..It has changed my life and how i view things.. Absolutely priceless..This book is a must have.. Blows all the other 'self help' books away...one word...Awesome!

2.0 out of 5 stars too much waffle and cliché, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
This book is heavy on clichéd stereotypical self help phrases, reworded and repeated over...and over...again.
some good advice, such as controlling addictions both tangible and psychological, but generally dragged out, overly long with too much repetition and anecdotes for my personal tastes.
I also dislike the spiritual/karma slant.
perhaps read instead the Elephant and the Twig (by the same author) - this is marvellous.
this is just my opinion though of course - different strokes for different folks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book!, 2 May 2008
C. Troy "f_magnet" (Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
Geoff Thompson continues to write really great inspirational books! I read Fear and that has helped me a lot. The only thing I have to say that is for me negative about this book is the fact that Geoff continues to mention the BAFTA's!!! It is without doubt an amazing achievement and something he should be proud of but it seems that every 5 pages he mentions them.

I would however thoroughly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows all the American self help authors out of the water, 24 Jun 2008
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
At last, no nonsense advice from someone who has been there, and doesn't hold back on giving you everything you need to transform your
life.Straight talking, no frills, no Americanised "Going on a journey of self discovery" claptrap.Just good solid information.
Usually with these books there is a lot of marketing going on, eg "you really need to attend my 1200 a day seminar to get the most from this material". Whilst this is good marketing practice, it does tend to grate with me.
Every book I have bought from Geoff Thompson has down to earth information, presented in an easy to understand style.The only thing is, once you have read this book, your life will never be the same.You will realise that you are the architect of your own fate, and it's up to you how you want your life to turn out.With Geoff's wisdom on these pages, you'll be fine-go for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent condition. Excellent Book., 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
As stated above i found this book to be in excellent condition, well written and easy to read. I own 5 books written by Geoff Thompson and find his style of writing to be easy to read and very informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 17 May 2011
Mr. Nolan Jose "Nolan" (Hayle, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
Let Geoff tell you how it is rather than how you would rather suspect, then read it again and again, then tell your friends.

This can help you, it helps me still.

5.0 out of 5 stars a quality read, 12 Nov 2009
This review is from: Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Geoff Thompson and all his books and this one is my favourite so far. This is absolute gold dust. Accessible, motivational, informative. I'm another who read the book through twice. It made sense and helped on many levels. This book will help you set your way to a better path in life. If you need picking up and dusting down, or need inspiration to reach for goals that might seem well beyond your reach, read this book. If you want to be the best, read this book.

Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day
Shape Shifter: Transform Your Life in 1 Day by Geoff Thompson (Paperback - 2 May 2004)
7.99