on 29 May 2003
This is a comic book, a compilation of the first four Futurama Comic issues. Annoyingly, the comics are very rare to find in Europe, as most are sold in the USA/Canada and Japan. However Titan Books have come to the rescue with this excellent compilation book. It contains long Futurama stories (that you WON'T find in any of the TV episodes), fake adverts, a few of the very first early drawings, and an introduction by Matt Groening.
The quality of the book is pristine, so good that it's difficult to bring oneself to "ruin" it by opening and reading it! It's in full colour and the drawing quality is first-class. This is a VERY NICE book, and very, very funny. A must have for anyone who loves Futurama.
I just hope we'll see more of these compilation comic books released in the future
0Comment47 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2012
I've loved Futurama for years and have only now decided to dip into the world of comic books and so thought I'd start with my beloved series of Sci-Fi heroes. After seeing all episodes of the show up to Season 6 (UK Season 6 that is) I'm just excited by new story lines.

This is technically the first true comic book I've ever bought and was pleased with the results.

The first story 'Monkey Sea, Monkey Doom' is my favourite of the four and one I would love to see being made into an animated episode of the series as it's just so clever and brilliantly plausible. Giant Radioactive Sea Monkeys attacking New New York city? Pure Science Fiction Heaven!

The next three stories are entertaining enough but I was a little disappointed with the colouring/ink in the second and third story. It doesn't match that of the other two stories, the colours more loyal to the TV series.
Apart from that minor hiccup the drawings are well drawn and the dialogue humorous.

I'd recommend this to any fellow Futurama fan, young or old. I can only hope that the rest of the 50+ comics of the series are made into more of these compilations.
on 23 January 2012
You get first 4 futurama comics for 1/3 of the price then if you brought the first. Just brilliant a must buy even if you only like futurama!!!!!!!!!!!
on 13 September 2014
Fantastic for any fan of any age.
Lovely bright colours, images and stories!!!
on 26 July 2014
My son is loving this as much as all his others.
on 31 December 2014
A must for futurama fans young and old
on 3 November 2014
Excellent product
on 26 August 2015
great fun
on 26 February 2003
This book when i read it had me lying on the floor with laughter, If huge fat men, small green men a drinking robot a one-eyed captain is your thing then this book is just right for you.
0Comment9 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse