5.0 out of 5 stars The Merchant of Venice
Published on 10 April 2011 by Little Bren

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read it myself
Got this book to gift it to some one but haven't got around to asking them whether they enjoyed reading it.
Published 9 months ago by humira akhtar

5.0 out of 5 stars The Merchant of Venice, 10 April 2011
Little Bren (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Merchant of Venice (Wordsworth Classics) (Wordsworth Classics - Shakespeare) (Paperback)
I bought several of these Shakespeare editions as a gift for my husband. They are slim, & much easier to manage than, say, 'the Complete Works of Shakespeare'. The Merchant of Venice is a good story, - best not to say too much about the plot for those who haven't read the play (or seen the film version). Like many people, I'd read the play at school as part of my 'O' level curriculum, and even at that age, found it very memorable. A much better choice for school-age children, than, say, A Midsummer Night's Dream, which most teenagers find (at that age) to be utter rubbish. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merchant of Venice, 21 Nov 2012
Delivered in the condition described.Gave a good contribution and help in my learning in my English subject. I can recommend it to others as a resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Marvellous, as with all the Wordsworth Classics editions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read it myself, 9 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite play of Shakespeare, 13 April 2013
I remember when I first time saw a movie by this play. I fell in love with story. And I was looking for translation to read, but nowhere I could find. One day was lucky of my life and I found this book in bookstore, so I bought it. But just today I read it.
I loved the way of classical storyline, interesting plot and characters. I really understand a jew man. I think he is one of my litareture twins. I perfectly understand his wish to get truth for insults. But I was fascinated that in such times when Shakespeare wrote this play, he showed how smart women are and I fell in love with this play even more. It is one more proof women were abused in old days, they could be better jawyers and scientists than any man. Maybe we lost many amazing inventions and many innocent people rotted in jails because of how men worked these days. Women pay more attendion to details. And I have to think now that Shakespeare probably had something in mind about education system these days.
I always loved the way showing this idilic friendship. Nowadays there little people in the world who would risk their own life for friends. Nowadays people just run away and leave friends in trouble. I liked the way main characters helped each other even risking their own marriage. And women acted really smart by "checking" their husbands' faithfulness. And it was really smart of three chests. I showed that true love does not need treasures. I think I like Shakespeare because he never wrote such things like description of buildings, cities, weather that much or at all. I like the way he writoe about feelings and smart "lessons of life".

5.0 out of 5 stars The Merchant of Venice (Wordsworth Classics), 18 Dec 2012
A very useful and moderately priced book, with glossary and some very interesting notes on the play. I would highly recommend it.

1.89