Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 April 2015
A future collectors item - Excellent!
on 9 July 2013
I downloaded this as I have recently purchased a Tablet to see how well the Kindle App worked. I have now started to read the various tales which although many have appeared on TV is still an excellent read, it is also good value.
on 2 December 2015
Nice book made well looks expensive
on 12 September 2015
All books on sherlock are vert good
on 22 June 2012
After several years of promising myself I'd read these books and not getting around to it (mainly due to cost, as I wanted the WHOLE collection...), I finally bought my Kindle and found this wonderful collection at a bargain price. I've been engrossed for months now; reading one book, changing to something else altogether and then going back to it. I still haven't finished it yet, but I'm at least halfway through the entire collection now.

It's very easy to read - I found this Kindle edition so good I kept moving my hand to turn the page! The stories themselves are brilliant - I thought they would be written in a very 'Dickensian' fashion but actually a lot of the references, places etc. are as relevant to today as they were then. The balance between humour and drama is very well done and I can see how these books have lasted for so many decades as they have just as much relevance to the present as the past.

I have to say that despite it being the first book, my favourite so far is A Study in Scarlet. The book comes as a whole story, whereas subsequent books (eg: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes), are a series of stories and although they are ocassionally linked by references made by Watson or Holmes they don't gel together like the first one (but they are still fantastic!). I believe this is because the stories in 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' were written in a magazine once weekly/monthly, and only after they had all been published were made into a book - but I could be wrong about this!

I've read other reviews and I'm not getting into a literary argument about the finer details of the book - as I have never read any of the actual books I wouldn't know if there are bits missing or pictures out of place, but it seems to flow to me. All I can tell you is that if you've always wanted to read the collection but have avoided it due to cost (and/or space!), then you can't go wrong spending a mere 77p on this!
on 15 May 2013
This is a good collection of the stories, well put together, well priced, and as someone who never really read them as a child, it's got them all in order, and in a convenient place. Perfect for that tube ride home, or whenever you fancy a quick bit of mystery.
on 3 September 2012
Purchased the collection for my Kindle having it been brought to my attention by a well timed Amazon email, for 77p I wouldn't have complained if I hadn't got on well with the books. To my surprise this has been some of the best reading I've done in ages, the first book had me hooked after 30 minutes reading and there's plenty here to keep you busy for a while.
on 23 June 2014
I wouldn't read this all in one go as it's far too long. But because it's made up of several novels and lots of short stories, this is a great book to have on your kindle (for a good price!) so that you always have something to dip into when you need something new to read.
on 4 April 2016
Very good editing, great quality.
on 14 November 2014
Beautiful book! Great for a gift!