4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 7 Feb 2009
Mr. N. C. Jenkinson "nickhudd 903" (Honley Huddersfield.) - See all my reviews
The reason I was so interested in Blackies book is that he is now at Huddersfield town as part Of Lee Clarks team. I Found the book very honest and full of his Geordie humour. From his upbringing and working as a Bouncer in a very hard intimidating environment to how he worked for Keegan at Newcastle and with Wilkinson at the Newcastle Falcons.
The book is a great insight into Blackies life and what his job actually entails. I would recommend his book to any sports fan or anyone just interested in sports psychology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 7 Jan 2013
I loved this book from cover to cover (even though the dog chewed it).
I got it for Xmas and finished it the other night.
I don't normally read and from that point of view found it great as it was very easy to digest.

I was previously aware of Steve Black through his associations with WRU, the Lions and more recently Huddersfield Town.

I believe HTAFC suffered when Steve Black left, his personality is infectious and it's as much this that drives results than innovative fitness training drills.

I'd welcome Steve Black back to either of my sides (WRU or HTAFC) any day of the week and hope he is healthy and well. He has inspired me to be as positive as I want to be, not giving way to cynics, to follow more of my ambitions and dreams and to read more. Thank you Blackie.

Blackie: The Steve Black Story
Blackie: The Steve Black Story by Steve Black (Hardcover - 28 Oct 2004)