5.0 out of 5 stars Surely will become a classic
Published on 1 Mar 2005 by ELH Browning

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed but an amazing book
I was very upset that there was no CD with the book. So now I have to go to a bookstore and purchase another copy.
Published 12 days ago by Christine Hilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Surely will become a classic, 1 Mar 2005
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
A straightforward story of a man's day at work, on the moon, with an underlying humour. The cover didn't immediately appeal to me but having read the story once I was hooked - you don't mind having to read it over and over again and it's a great present for the 3s up, boys especially. Fantastic pictures throughout, a kind of bold exaggerated lifelike style (except that the book is full of aliens). The children think it is hilarious that Bob is the Moon expert and knows for sure there are no aliens, and yet if they look carefully the reader can spot them here there and everywhere, stealing his cake at his picnic, on the bus in the earth rush hours, even in his bath. I am sure it will become a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best odd book ever, 15 Nov 2004
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Hardcover)
Discovered this when it was shortlisted for a book award a couple of years ago. Since then, it's been a hilarious staple of night time reading, day time reading, Daddy reading to himself, and just general conversation between our children and ourselves. Visitors to the house get handed it to read, and rush out to buy copies of their own. My son and his mates are now Billy the Man on Mars and Sam the Man on Saturn. (Oddly none of them are Bob!) Grandma has just mailed a copy to a young cousin in Western Australia, so hopefully Bob and his aliens (what aliens?!) will begin to take root there too.
Absolutely my favourite book to read to children, one of their favourites to listen to (though Daddy insisting on reading it never goes down well...) and beautifully drawn too.
Can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeously illustrated, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
Both my daughter and I love this book. The illustrations are fantastic, beautiful affairs that gives loads of detail to look at, the story is good, even after the 100+ read. If you get this one consider 'Dougals deep Sea Diary' too; it's great and there are a couple of subtle tie ins that make them work well together.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful illustrations, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
The man on the moon book series are wonderful. I love the illustrations, there are lots of hidden things to spot in the pictures. The story is quite sweet. Bob commutes to the moon every day, it only takes him 15 minutes! The two follow up books to this one are wonderful too.
My 5 year old loved these books, especially exploring the illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars hi, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
i like this book because it is funny and entertaining and interesting. I rated it five stars because when I first read it, it made me laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars We loved it at our school!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
As part of our Literacy lesson we have read the Man on the Moon.
This is what we liked.....

the alien ate bobss bun Joshua age 8

the picnic kyle age l0

5.0 out of 5 stars Man on the Moon, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
As a part of our literacy work at school, we have been focussing on the story, Man on the Moon.
The children will write their reviews:

i lik bob roket (Alfie, age 7)
i luvud bobs lunch (Elicia, Age 7)
meetin bob frends (James, Age 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Man Who Cleans The Mon, 16 Jun 2013
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
Bob, has the most exciting job of anyone I know. He gets up every morning, eats his breakfast and gets into his spaceship for his daily trip to the moon. He has to be there early because his job is to clean the moon and make it ready for the daily influx of visitors from Earth. In between cleaning and welcoming the visitors he sells souvenirs, t-shirts and flags. This is a difficult job but Bob has it down pat. There is some mention of aliens, but we all know aliens don't exist, don't we? There seems to be little green aliens in many of the beautiful pictures, but they are not mentioned and left to our imagination, as they are in real life. At the end of the day, Bob cleans up what he can, climbs into his spaceship and zooms back to earth. He eats his dinner and goes to bed to get ready for a new day of excitement on the moon.

My grandson. Oliver is three and he enjoys this book immensely. His mommy and daddy like to read it to him. It is a book for all ages it appears. It tells a simple story in terms all can enjoy. Much of Bob's life is displayed in the beautiful illustrations throughout the book. However, much of the story of Bob's life is left up to our imagination. Pssst--Have you seen any aliens?

Recommended. prisrob 06-16-13

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bedtime story, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Paperback)
This is a brilliant bedtime story with beautiful illustrations. It is a favourite in our household. Spotting aliens always gets a laugh. I've also given it as presents and it was well received. I'm awaiting Bob's friend book so will see if it's as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A colourful book of great fun, 3 Nov 2011
Irwing Washington "G.Z." (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man on the Moon (Hardcover)
It was in the local library when I first bumped into this book. My daughter loves good books and I am on a constant search for new material. The pictures had some striking beauty with their painting like character and they had real humour too and the story seemed OK. It turned out to be a real best seller at home. I had to renew the loan as many times as possible before we took the book back to the library.
The text and the pictures are well connected supporting each other, however they have their own life too: the story can be read without looking at any of the pictures, and as the book is richly illustrated it is very easy to make up your own storyline without reading.
It is also big fun to discover every hidden aliens on the pages even the one slowly arriving to the Earth in his tiny flying saucer throughout all the pages. How come Bob cannot see any of them?-well, that is something that makes my little daughter laugh all the time and urge me to read the book over and over again.

Man on the Moon
Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram (Paperback - 1 Jan 2004)