5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Timeless Story
Peter Pan and Wendy is an utterly timeless story that needs no introduction. I grew up loving the story, and now I want my children to and I'm sure they will with this wonderful hardback edition.

Published on 27 April 2010 by Twinkle

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay book, good price
I got this book for a friend's birthday. She loves Peter Pan!
It's a large book and it's quite nice but I have to say that the illustrations are not great. However, this is a matter of taste. For children, I think they would be fine but if you want a book that is also nice for adults it's probably best to go for a different book.

I do have to say that I'm...
Published 16 months ago by Dianne Lodder

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Timeless Story, 27 April 2010

It contains through out the book beautifully scattered watercolour illustrations giving a timeless classic feel, which not only brings the story to life but is a delight in itself.

The book is A4 size and very clearly written in large text spaciously laid out, which makes it easier for young readers to manage. It is a story for all ages from early primary school as a bed time story to mid-high school and beyond

I wanted to buy an addition with coloured illustrations through out, so my children could be drawn into the world of classic literature at a young age. There are not as many illustrations as in some other Michael Foreman's books, but I am Sure the ones that are there will keep younger children captivated.

A defiant classic that you will want to keep forever on your bookshelf close at hand and pass on down the generations !

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like I've always imagined it!, 16 Feb 2011
Miss Jemina Feyarro "Topazapella" (Wigan, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
I really wanted to read the story of Peter Pan to my daughter but didn't want to give her a Disney book or something whichequally saps the imagination out of the story. The beautiful illustrations by Robert Ingpen certainly don't do that. They bring the stor back to life. The book is a thick, hard back edition and certainly worth the price. I would recommend to anyone wanting to tell their small children a classic bedtime story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Pan, 9 Mar 2009
A. J. Trechmann (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
At last we have a children's book with lovely illustrations which reflect the fact it is a fairy story

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful book, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
This really is a beautiful book. Superb quality and the pictures contained within are breath taking. I brought this as a gift and I am sure it will be treasured for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Original. Not Disney, 16 Aug 2009
E. Chastain (Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
Great quality product! I bought this book to read to my 4-year old. it would be better for a child a few years older, as I find myself editing out some of the bigger words and leaving out some of the verbose description that writers of that era were wont to use. Also, note the illustrations are very non-Disney. They are rougher and more homely than the prettier stylized characters in the Disney stable. That being said, this is a wonderful volume and an asset to any family's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this book, 3 Sep 2011
BJB (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
Lovely quality item at an outstanding price. The illustrations are superb, and the reading level just right for the 8-10 year old range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
Given as a present to my granddaughter who absolutely loves it. Illustrations are beautiful. One to keep

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
Bought as a gift for a friend's son, who has been challenged to read at least one book from every country in the world. This is his Scotland book. The only disappointment was a slight tear in the dust jacket but I didn't have time to wait for a replacement as it was going to the States in my son's suitcase. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous and I think he will enjoy this book forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Peter Pan and Wendy (Hardcover)
Anyone who wants a book to keep and treasure should buy this. The story is legendary and the illustrations by Robert Inkpen are superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas present, 13 Jan 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for my great niece. She is already a great bookworm and so I tend to buy classic stories that will look good on a bookshelf and hopefully become well loved companions. This book fit the bill perfectly. The illustrations looked fine to me, although they did come in for some criticism in other reviews.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Peter Pan and Wendy
Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie (Hardcover - 13 Sep 2004)
11.89