Rum

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this from a rum drinker, 9 Jun 2008
This review is from: Rum (Hardcover)
Whether or not you drink rum regularly, you will probably find this book interesting as it looks at rum not just as a spirit but also investigates the regions that it comes from. It is beautifully illustrated and would make for a great coffee table book to have out for people to look at. That's what I am doing with it! I am from the West Indies and I have been drinking rum for years and I found this book insightful, not patronising and a thoroughly enjoyable read. It would make a great gift for someone who is a bartender, mixology or spirit enthusiast. It can be read easily within two hours if you find yourself with nothing to do and you just want to sit outside with an easy read. I was pleasantly surprised and bought it based on an equally extolling review in a cooking magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare and Informative Find, 25 Aug 2007
Jim Murray (Wellingborough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rum (Hardcover)
I found 3 copies of this book in Bennets Bar in Tollcross, Edinburgh - seemingly having been left behind by another drinker. Bennets although being more of a whisky bar than a rum bar, is the perfect setting to learn about Rum. Mr Broom's research into the topic is exceptional, giving a novice like myself a good insigth to all things rum. I highly recommend it to anyone with a slight interest in Rum. You'll be hooked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rum (Hardcover)
It is a great book for the Rum enthusiast, which would like to read and learn more about the history of Rum... I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rum Book, 26 May 2010
B. Dodson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rum (Hardcover)
The book was a fascinating read - short on detail about the ranges of rum purchased

Rum
Rum by Dave Broom (Hardcover - 16 Oct 2003)
Used & New from: £8.99