5.0 out of 5 stars If Carlsberg made Miller's Guides..., 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: Miller's Collecting Modern Design (Hardcover)
As a child this was how I saw the future, all square and round with colour and purpose. So imagine the grapple of my emotions to realise that the future was already in the past and everything I was waiting for was available to buy if I looked hard enough. And it was this book that helped me appreciate that.

I was introduced to this book by a girl I knew. I read it cover to cover, which is delightfully easy, I might add. Not many weeks after finishing it, and armed now with a head full of new knowledge and visions of beautiful pictures as remnants of my reading, imagine my surprise when I found a great example of an egg chair in a local curio shop. I got in touch with the author, Sally Hoban, to thank her for inspiring me via this book, to find her passionate about her field and an incredible authority on this topic and more besides.

If only all Miller's Guides were made this accessible, we'd all be buying up the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb little book, 21 Aug 2006
This review is from: Miller's Collecting Modern Design (Hardcover)
easy to read and easy to follow - i learnt a lot from reading this text and would recommend it anybody interested (in any way) in modern design.

Miller's Collecting Modern Design
Miller's Collecting Modern Design by Sally Hoban (Hardcover - 18 Oct 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01