on 27 June 2014
An ingenious and exciting adventure, generally well-written. Mr Ashman has taken the trouble to minimize the errors which spoiled previous novels (though most reviewers didn't seem to notice them, or didn't want to mention them), and the spelling mistakes are few enough to not warrant the deduction of a star (though I can't not mention our old friend a 'hoard of infidels'!). There are still Unnecessary Capital Letters throughout, and he insists on using the royal honorific 'Sire' when he shouldn't, but I tried to ignore that, and let the story carry me along. I look forward to the third volume.
on 13 February 2014
Having read medieval I , I eagerly awaited medieval II and I have not been disappointed , yet again a good story line and I couldn't put it down , my only disappointment now is I have to wait for the 3 rd installment . I would have no hesitation in recommending this book and indeed any of the other books kevin ashman has written.
on 23 May 2015
Did not enjoy this novel as much as the first in the series but it was still a good read. And what an interesting time it covers, fascinating!
Four stars for this novel, the first got Five stars
on 26 April 2014
A great follow up to the first Medieval book. Full of interesting story lines, familiar characters and who knew the Welsh were so 'influential' in the course of history!
Another great book from Kevin Ashman which allows you to relax unwind and 'escape' for a little while
on 9 November 2015
Whoever proofread this book has no knowledge of either the English language or grammar. The names of the characters change and words are missed out. The story is simplistic in the extreme. The attempts to use "old" language fail and spoil any enjoyment there may have been in the book.
on 10 February 2014
This book was a superb sequel to Medieval, Blood of the Cross. I loved the first book and the author continued his wonderful portrayal of the two main characters very well. His characters are real and as he takes you along their journey, you feel you know them well.
I'm an avid historical novel reader and Mr Ashman never disappoints.
I would recommend Mr Ashman to anyone looking for a new author.
I eagerly await Medieval III.
on 18 June 2015
I found these books a good light read
More like ripping yarns...but still good to read.In fact I ended up reading the first two in the series and will read the next one.Although they are a little short for my total liking!
on 18 February 2014
This book was defiantly no disappointment , it helps you to live in the time line of the book and it totally encaptivates you and is a hard to put down read , now all I have to do is wait for the next book in this series , can't wait ,
on 3 March 2014
Have waited eagerly for this second book in the series and it doesn't disappoint. I doesn't take you on a road you would imagine after reading Medieval 1, but that is the genius of Kevin Ashman...his books are always surprising and excellent. Impeccable research, wonderfully drawn characters and a great plot as usual. Now I can't wait for book 3.

Highly recommended series.
on 17 December 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but you need to read the first book before this one to understand the basis and origin of the saga. The story is well written is exiting and intriguing.