5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Inspirational Book
Just finished this book after reading The Sober Revolution (also highly recommended) and it's incredibly positive and uplifting, just what I needed. After finishing this book I know that I will never drink alcohol again. And I will feel happy with my decision for the rest of my life.
Published 6 months ago by UKSA

3.0 out of 5 stars good ideas but...
Published 6 months ago by wowcoco

3.0 out of 5 stars good ideas but..., 26 Feb 2014
I love the Soberistas website and love the six week plan! I think Lucy is great BUT... as a 40 year old woman struggling with alcohol misuse myself over the last five years (and all the attendant financial nightmares, job loss, divorce, regret, panic that this usually brings) I can't help but feel a bit let down that Lucy describes getting sober as an outcome of forming a relationship to her nice man.

What about those of us who haven't got the nice new boyfriend to inspire us? The reflections on 'life today' versus 'then' feel a bit smug to someone who has lost her husband, home, half of her family and won't be financially secure soon after sobering up. It feels like an impossible comparison.

Lucy is right, sober life will always be better, I just wish it seemed more that she got sober for herself (rather than her man). Single women in trouble need role models who can get sober without the haven of cosy domesticity and a man to rely on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Inspirational Book, 27 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 2 July 2014
Paul (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I can relate to a lot of Lucy's story in this book, as a male born in 1978 I too started drinking at the age of 13/14 starting off in my local parks and then moving on to the nightclubs and bars of Manchester. It was the whole Manchester scene then, Oasis, Brit-Pop, Loaded magazine culture that seemed to dominate the culture of myself and my peers. It was cool to drink yourself into oblivion every weekend, get a bit lairy and take drugs. I have only known his type of drinking, I cannot have one or two drinks now, I never saw the point in it. I think this decade of lad/ladette culture has a lot to answer for.

Now in my mid thirties with a family I needed change, I'm currently 3 months without a drop of alcohol and feeling positive, this book has really helped me focus and realise what's important in life. The desire to go out and have a mad night out is still there, but I know it's not the way to go and I don't want to end up looking like the old guy, the last one at the party drinking my life away and jeopardising my future family life. I know with time things will get better and better. I plan to refer to this book in any times of temptation and I know it will help.

As Lucy says the key is to highlight the benefits of not drinking, and this book certainly does that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, clear, true, factual, amazing!, 15 Mar 2014
If you feel you drink too much, read this! You will never feel alone again. It all makes sense and it has given me the control back over myself. Lucy is a true inspiration !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on sobriety I have ever read, 18 Feb 2014
E. B. Rose "Diet book fanatic!" (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
I have read countless books in my struggle with alcohol and this is without doubt the best for me. I could identify with it so much. Loved the earlier book but found this one written in diary format even better. Such an easy read and so truthful, will read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring journey, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Glass Half Full (Addiction Recovery Series) (Paperback)
This is a great follow up book to The Sober Revolution. The blogs are sequential and the reader gains clear insight into the struggle that an alcohol dependent single mother goes through to reach a better place. The benefits of sobriety are described in detail and the book leaves us in no doubt that the author has reached a better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sober is the new cool, it really is., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Glass Half Full (Addiction Recovery Series) (Paperback)
Only until sober for a decent amount of time can you really see the hold and carnage that alcoHELL has on the society we live in.

Now I stand outside pubs bars and look I at the sheep like people standing there pouring pint after pint of poison down their throats and feel real sad knowing that I too wasted 25 years of my life doing this , pure waste .

I wish I could have all my life back from my teenage years and do it all sober , but will have to make do with what I have now ! Great book , great read I recommend it to anyone trapped in the throes of addiction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glass full, 1 April 2014
A real account of the current experience of many. A book for all, but particularly gown up women. It gives a path forward than is better than the path walked: showing a sober lifestyle is more enjoyable / fun / and memorable than what has gone before. A good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and so true, 19 Feb 2014
Funny and so true. Describes the roller coaster of a relationship with alcohol so well. An amusing but truthful read.

4.0 out of 5 stars its the book i could most relate to, 12 Feb 2014
Wow what a read, i managed it in one sitting. Having read lots on the subject of sobriety and/or alcoholism, this book spoke to me in ways none of the others have. perhaps that because i have lots in common with lucy, same age (around) but the similarities not just with the while cultural thing, but the emotions that couple chronic binge drinking, yes i could relate. what i most loved about this book was that it really convinces you that life is better sober. the author even uses graphic imagery and descriptive examples of a scenario drunk or sober to really impact this message. Well done Lucy, a fabulous inspiring read for anyone who wants to stay sober but is 'dithering'.

Glass Half Full (Addiction Recovery Series)
Glass Half Full (Addiction Recovery Series) by Lucy Rocca (Paperback - 23 Jan 2014)
9.19