5.0 out of 5 stars great little tool for success
Published 15 months ago by doobie

Published 8 months ago by Laura Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars great little tool for success, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Your Six Week Plan - Join the Sober Revolution and Call Time on Wine O'Clock (Paperback)
This seems like a very basic idea, some may feel they can keep their own diary and maybe already do. This is a great way to be mindful of your sobriety, has some great tips and comforting thoughts. Interestingly the one thing that causes me to 'wobble' is a rich creamy cheesy pasta dish which makes me crave the red wine witch, and always ends up with me waking up feeling horrendous with 'Alice Cooper' eye make up and black teeth and tongue - great look for Halloween only!! This book recommends leaving it off the menu until feeling more ready to face the challenge. Hey why didnt I think of that?? But it was the feeling of someone else understanding that maybe certain foods and dishes may cause 'trigger' situations, which I felt quite alone in thinking until now. Nice recipe ideas for drinks, (although my personal favourite is Schweppes peppermint cordial with freshly squeezed lime and either soda or slimline tonic or ginger ale). Whether you love this book or not, it still reminds us of the efforts of the Soberistas team, who are working hard to help people with this life destroying habit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for women, 2 Feb. 2014
S JOHNSON - See all my reviews
My only criticism of this book, and its "sister" The Sober Revolution, is that anyone, not just women, can use it to help them through on a day-by-day basis when first stopping drinking. I connected very well with the plan and actually enjoyed the process of quitting alcohol with it!
This, along with the hypnosis tracks from Craig Beck's "Alcohol Lied to Me" have so far kept me booze-free for a full month. Believe me, that's the longest I've spent sober since I was 18, and I intend to stay this way!

2.0 out of 5 stars Junior school marm gives lessons on staying away from the demon drink., 15 May 2014
While the idea of a structured 6 week plan of giving up alcohol is an excellent one the execution of this book falls short. There are some good tips but I found the daily checkboxes, recipes for alcohol free drinks, guided journaling and tone of the book to be condescending. After the first week I was sick of it and bought myself a lovely plain notepad, a nice pen and continued on my own.

In short, if you are staying off the sauce, take up a new hobby, keep a diary and look after yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 2 Feb. 2014
Really good book and am recommending it to others, it is a good accompaniment to the Wine o'clock book which I read first.

5.0 out of 5 stars An informative and inspirational read, 16 Jan. 2014
This book was easy to read and I found it very motivating . For anyone who struggles to limit the amount they drink it is a useful tool .
This book is not for you if you are physically addicted to alcohol but if you can't resist a drink each day and can't resist having a few too many then buy it and follow the six week plan . It really helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have a horrible addiction and without rehab just to "choose not to ..., 4 July 2014
Even though this book is helpful in some ways, I think the fact that you have to stay sober for 6 weeks can be unrealistic. I have a horrible addiction and without rehab just to "choose not to drink" every morning and have it in writing made it worse if/when i failed to carry it out! There are some good hints and tips but they could of been included in the "sober revolution book" . I sense that this extra book was just another way to make money by the author sadly. Unless you are confident that you can go 6 weeks without alcohol dont buy this. It will just be a reminder than you have failed on the days you are not strong!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 10 Mar. 2014
I made the decision to become AF and his book has been such great help. I write in the journal every night - it really makes you think how you feel & remember why alcohol is not an option. There are hint & tips which may see obvious but for those of us where being AF is such a dramatic lifestyle change we may no be used to looking after ourselves. I am on Day 11 now, this book plus the Antabuse tablets have made the transition much easier. Thanks Sarah & Lucy

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 Sept. 2014
The book is fine in itself. However the previous owner has written in it. Most off putting!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 Sept. 2014
Waste of money if you've already stopped drinking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Sept. 2014
Very quick delivery pleased with purchase

Your Six Week Plan - Join the Sober Revolution and Call Time on Wine O'Clock