Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2014
This type of book is a new genre for me and was recommendation. I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style and format and the period mr Hoggart covers has a particular appeal as it covers what for me is my era (I first voted in 1997). What a particularly enjoyed was humorous take on the MP's behaviour and quirks e.g the fascination of "Micky Fab" etc.
on 21 August 2013
Witty, amusing and properly disrespectful to politicians. Decent bedtime reading, if you don't mind being beset by the odd chuckle or two.
on 12 March 2014
So funny. Such a shame that Simon is no longer with us. I will miss his columns in the Guardian.
on 19 April 2014
A wonderfully entertaining book; almost all sketches gave a brilliant insight into the comical, sometimes farcical world of Westminster politics and the strange people we choose to elect to rule us.. An ideal book for a holiday read. Such a pity we won't see his like again.
on 15 February 2014
I enjoyed reading Simon Hoggart's sketches in the Guardian and his Saturday column too. So it is nice to be reminded of some of his sketches. I read the book on my Kindle and was a bit disappointed to reach the 70% point only to find an extraordinarily long and really totally superfluous index which took up the rest of the book. So great reading but sadly shorter than I expected.
on 18 August 2014
Sadly Simon Hoggart died recently so there'll be no more of his humour to entertain us anymore. So here's a chance to own a selection of some of his best pieces just to remind you how good he was.
on 3 September 2013
Simon Hoggart manages so make serious points about our attempts at democratic government while, at the same time poking fun at its weak points-politicians
on 19 August 2013
I loved some of these little vignettes of a life most of will never experience, some amusing, some difficult to understand why te people involved decided to go along that path in life.
on 22 January 2013
Pithy, witty, sharply observed malice. Delicious, (er, if your not the one being written about!) encapsulated history.I wish it were longer.
on 28 June 2013
You don't have to be a politics geek to enjoy this funny and informative look at our politicians? Kept saying to myself I'll just read a few pages more before I put it down