5.0 out of 5 stars Bechko and Hardman do it again!, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Star Wars Legacy - Prisoner of the Floating World (Vol. II, Book 1) (Paperback)
I've been a life long Star Wars fan but somehow have never picked up one of the comics. Knowing Corinna and Gabes work well I had know problem ordering this without blinking. Their work on the Planet Of The Apes series was incredible and their creator owned book Heathen Town made me a fan for life.
The story is set some 140 years after the events of Return Of The Jedi. I won't go into story spoilers but rather just to say that the universe is familiar enough that you feel at home but new enough that you're excited to learn more about the changes. The story moves along at a roaring pace but never leaves you wondering what happened in-between the panels. Hardmans art has the classic feel of the Silver age and the fast paced story-telling skill of a modern day film maker. This book can be enjoyed by anyone with the most basic Star Wars knowledge. I cannot wait for Book 2. These guys knocked it out of the galaxy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Legacy volume two spoiler-free-review, 29 Mar 2014
So when Legacy: War ended, I thought that was it. It was quite the surprise to hear the announcement that a new Legacy comic series was announced, this time focusing on a Solo descendant. I really like this story. Its a more simple kind of story compared to the past Legacy series story. Don't get me wrong: I liked the past Legacy comic by Ostrander and Duursema, but this series breathed fresh air to the era. No galactic war. The galaxy is in a state of rebuilding. Its more about characters trying to survive then it is them struggling with their lineage and rising to be the one to defeat the Sith-controlled Empire. The protagonist I like, and the supporting characters are solid. And personally, I really like the antagonist. He's a classic villain, pure evil. He himself is a breath of fresh air to Darth Krayt, who, while I thought was a pretty great villain himself, I've kind of got tired of villains that justified their evil actions as being necessary for 'peace' and 'order'. Sometimes I just like a villain to be unashamedly Evil. No pretentions about doing it for the greater good. To me, the simple villains are just as good as the villains who claim what they're doing is best for the galaxy.. So yeah, the cats kind of out of the bag with the antagonist being a Sith. But come on, that's not really a spoiler. Its Star Wars. The main bad guy's bound to be a Sith.
But these characters would be nothing if wasn't for a good story, which this series delivers very well. I was immersed in the story from issue 1. And the art is superb. If you enjoyed Legacy and Legacy: War, pick this up. Or more importantly if you want a good story to immerse yourself, this book delivers.

Star Wars Legacy - Prisoner of the Floating World (Vol. II, Book 1)
Star Wars Legacy - Prisoner of the Floating World (Vol. II, Book 1) by Gabriel Hardman (Paperback - 20 Nov 2013)
14.99