5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down
A very well written book,i felt i was part of the action.side splitting moments in every chapter.i really do hope John will write a further novel. Highly recomended..
Published 10 months ago by martin fitz

3.0 out of 5 stars bobby
not the police I served,it did jighlight some problems more commpn sense needed, but it did indicate a good team spirit
Published 9 months ago by harry price

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every chapter, 10 Aug 2013
Once again John Donoghue had me captured in his writing from start to finish! You must read these hilarious escapades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware this books make you snort and laugh out loud., 2 Aug 2013
Started reading this book on the plane going on my holiday and started getting strange looks from the people around me with my snorting and laughing, Have read all of John Donoghues books and enjoyed them all, funny funny funny well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cracking read, 2 Aug 2013
second book from the same writer, great read, had it completed on the same day i bought it! full of funny stories and puns a plenty! gives a great insight into the daily life of a Police officer!
also follow him on twitter for a laugh!
Thanks again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer (Paperback)
Hilarious book, very well written. Didn't want it to end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 15 July 2014
Having read police, crime and 999 and loving it, I happily bought this book too. John Donoghue does not fail to make me laugh with his anecdotes of being on the beat. I really hope to see another 'police, crime and .....' book from him soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel to the first, 12 Aug 2014
Great sequel to the first. Yet again, a great humorous view on situations that police officers come across every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will get 'Hooked', 9 Aug 2014
Am 'Hooked' I am not normally a book reader as such-however I also ordered 'Police, Crime & 999' which I could not put down until read, having a couple of days rest to get over the first book I commenced 'Police, Lies & Alibis' - Just Brilliant again brilliantly written and a Pleasure to Read, I also follow John on 'Twitter' and if anyone else does they would know that his sense of humour is not restricted to his books alone.
Have now ordered 'Sectioned: A Life Interrupted' and 'Shakespeare My Butt' both by John- I expect to be rewarded and Highly Amused Again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real & hilarious account of the life of a PC, 15 July 2014
Having followed John on twitter for a while, I took the plunge and its my best purchase of 2014. As a member of a police service, I was always a tiny bit skeptical of these but i've been proved absolutely wrong. This is an amazing book !

This is a real, true account of the life of an officer and will have you laughing until it hurts, I hate to think how many strange looks I got for sniggering, but it was worth it. I have already started on Shakespeare and have ordered Police, Crime & 999. JOHN, there better be another one !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars John is a genius in print!, 29 July 2013
After reading PC999 I was hoping a follow up would be released. I wasn't disappointed at all when I read this book! Fun and laughter on every page and I didn't want it to end. Have to admit I did groan at a couple of the puns but they brought a smile to my face too. Well done John, another fantastic book and I wish I could give you more than 5 stars! Everyone should be reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's the Talent of John Donoghue he sucks you in and makes you feel like you know ..., 4 July 2014
Slightly Ashamed to say this but I've just finished reading this for the 8th time! I still laughed my arse off. That's the Talent of John Donoghue he sucks you in and makes you feel like you know him. Re-reading the books is like catching up with a Nutty Friend. Going to read his other two Books again now and then try to resist Picking this up again for at least another month :D

Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer by John Donoghue (Paperback - 9 Sep 2013)
6.99