Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2013
You know when you discover a new exercise and the next day a muscle you didn’t know you had hurts? Well I’ve discovered new laugh muscles, and they hurt!
A truly funny account, Who is responsible for Yoda’s death and Darth’s kidnap? Meet Sergeant Marrow, discover why a car window being smashed to save life and limb can have you laughing at another’s misfortune. - Nobody was harmed in that tale (except perhaps the author)
on 28 July 2013
After reading Shakespeare my Butt & Police crime &999. I couldn't wait for the release of another book by John Donoghue. Have only just started & certainly not going to be disappointed. I was smiling from the 1st page & laughing before the end of the 1st chapter.If anyone like me who has a wicked sense of humour then don't hesitate to by this book
on 6 August 2013
Having, regretfully, come to the end of the first book (Police, Crime & 999), I was happy to discover this sequel. Another great effort by the author, with even more humour. The wordplay comes so thick and fast that I'm reminded of Groucho Marx, and the stories, as in the first book, are very entertaining. I eagerly await the next instalment.
on 23 August 2013
After reading his first book, I was delighted to have found the second book in his police set. I would most gladly recommend any of his books to anyone in the world, for it is not the stories he is telling that ensue so much hilarity, but rather his dry witty slightly naughty sense of humour that shows in his writing style. His books are such a pleasure to read, however I would recommend reading them in the privacy of your own home, after a latte-through-the-nose incident in a very busy Newcastle City Centre Starbucks.
The town he writes about (Sandford) and its occupants, whilst obviously a cover, could easily be your home town, the characters could easily be the people we see everyday in the local high street, and this makes the book so much more.

I highly recommend this book and any other by the author, and be ready to laugh until your stomach hurts.
on 6 August 2013
The ups and downs in the life of a police officer written with
Humour and love of a difficult job . Yet again as with his previous
Books lots of laugh out loud moments . A brilliant insight to how our emergency services work together . Love it a real page turner .
on 4 December 2013
A year in the life of a police response officer. Hard to believe he's not a full-time professional writer, it's that good! This is every bit as good as his last book "Police,Crime & 999" It's a real page-turner that you don't want to finish too soon. Buy it!
on 3 October 2013
This is the third book out by John Donoghue and the third one I have read. It's the sequel to his police crime and 999 book which if you haven't read is well worth the money! This book is brilliantly funny but in comparison to Police crime and 999 I found it still had the same cracking humor but it took a more serious note, I thought. It really is a great way of seeing into the life of a front-line police officer with the funny humor needed to cope with a stressful job. This book will see you attend a variety of incidents all with a very well placed funny bit! From the disappearance of Yoda to domestics this book covers it all. I'd recommend this book to anyone even if you're not interested in policing because it'll have you laughing all day! If you're of a ginger disposition be careful there's a few ginger jokes!
on 26 March 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which has some real laugh out loud moments in it - so don't read it if you're on any form of public transport!! Yes, there's some of what folks might term 'schoolboy humour' in there, but the humour throughout is complimented very well indeed by the spot-on observation on what police officers deal with day in day out, the frustrations, comraderie, decisions, coping mechanisms and actually in one or two places some moving reflection on incidents attended- it's here and written brilliantly so. All in all I found this book to be very very funny and very very engaging, worth every penny, I will definitely be buying John's other books if this one is anything to go by.
on 25 November 2013
Well I am not usually a fan of books like this! As I have family in other services and I always feel that 'they' have a very strange sense of humour, well in 'those' jobs you do need a sense of humour, believe me!
This book is an absolute must to read, I spent many an hour crawled up on the sofa with John and his brilliantly written book. I was laughing so loudly that others came to find out what was so funny! in fact as I sit here and write this, I am chuckling to myself about certain bits in it! Love it, will be reading the others, keep up the great writing and of course the good work you do.
on 21 December 2013
this book will make you laugh, snort, roll your eyes and shake your head. john donoghue is fast turning into one of my favourite authors. I would highly recommend this book