5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down
A very well written book,i felt i was part of the action.side splitting moments in every chapter.i really do hope John will write a further novel. Highly recomended..
Published 9 months ago by martin fitz

3.0 out of 5 stars bobby
not the police I served,it did jighlight some problems more commpn sense needed, but it did indicate a good team spirit
Published 8 months ago by harry price

5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 2 Feb 2014
Absolutely hilarious! Being a retired officer I could place myself in many of the stories.
Loved it. Well worth a read even for non-Police. It will give you an idea of life in the Police. A job like no other!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb read, 14 Feb 2014
In his book Police, Lies & Alibis John Donoghue depicts the everyday working life of a policeman. He tells the story in a way that made me smile and even laugh out loud. However, his use of humour does not detract from the stressful nature of the job nor the vulnerability of some of the people the police deal with on a daily basis. It was a joy to read. Once started I knew that it was a book I would need to read through to the last words - words that left me with a smile upon my face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading aloud from these books made me the most popular girl in my work canteen!, 6 Feb 2014
Another brilliant read from one of my new favourite authors!
After reading Police,Crime & 999 I couldn't wait to get started on Police,Lies & Alibis and I was not disappointed. Over the last couple of weeks PC Donoghue has kept both me and most of my work colleagues in fits of laughter as I read out what the residents of Sandford have been getting up to during my lunch breaks!
Although this book has a slightly more serious tone than Police,Crime & 999 there are still lots of laugh out loud moments and if you work with the general public,you will definitely be reading bits out to your colleagues.
I would most definitely recommend everyone to read both of John Donoghue's books about life on the force.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in the police, 28 Dec 2013
have to say that as I work closely with police I found this very true!! Exceptionally funny, didn't want to get to the end!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome read, 26 Dec 2013
Great book just as good as the first book, full of ups, downs and lots of giggles. Highly recommend. Love how it ends at Christmas time #saviour :)

5.0 out of 5 stars funny!, 21 Dec 2013
H. Rogerson - See all my reviews
this book will make you laugh, snort, roll your eyes and shake your head. john donoghue is fast turning into one of my favourite authors. I would highly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 4 Dec 2013
A year in the life of a police response officer. Hard to believe he's not a full-time professional writer, it's that good! This is every bit as good as his last book "Police,Crime & 999" It's a real page-turner that you don't want to finish too soon. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A sequel that's as good as the first, 6 Aug 2013
T. Vigne - See all my reviews
Having, regretfully, come to the end of the first book (Police, Crime & 999), I was happy to discover this sequel. Another great effort by the author, with even more humour. The wordplay comes so thick and fast that I'm reminded of Groucho Marx, and the stories, as in the first book, are very entertaining. I eagerly await the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly, 6 Aug 2013
The ups and downs in the life of a police officer written with
Humour and love of a difficult job . Yet again as with his previous
Books lots of laugh out loud moments . A brilliant insight to how our emergency services work together . Love it a real page turner .

Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer by John Donoghue (Paperback - 9 Sep 2013)
6.99