5.0 out of 5 stars Shouldn't judge a book by the cover/title
Published 10 months ago by C Dunand Clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it for a friend
Only cost £0.79 so it was cheap. Content could have been much better organised. It was annoying to jump back and forth. The stories didn't ring true for me.
Published 7 months ago by G. A. Ogunyomi

5.0 out of 5 stars Shouldn't judge a book by the cover/title, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Why Men REALLY Cheat: The Psychological Secrets of Male Infidelity (Paperback)
I started this book expecting to read about men and cheating, which I did, but more then that I was treated to an interesting insight into men as a species. It is about much more than just cheating, the different types of men, what drives and influences them, all things I'd never considered before. It was refreshing to learn that men are more complex than society had led me to believe. It is interesting, engaging and certainly gave me something to think about. Saying this book is just about 'why men really cheat' is underselling it in my opinion, it covers a lot more than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing presentation of this topic, to say the least, 20 Nov. 2014
"Why Men Really Cheat" was an enlightening read for several reasons:
1. It was written in a way that was easily engaging and caters to various types of people with different experiences in relationships.
2. It forces you to look at your own patterns (positive and negative) in relationships and how that might be influenced by our personality, family history, and environment.
3. It objectively challenged the concept of "all men are alike" (that is unfortunately reinforced when women in heterosexual relationships are treated poorly or cheated on) by presenting information on human interactions, sexuality, and infidelity from the fields of psychology, biology, anthropology, and sociology.
4. It provides a user-friendly formula for understanding different types of men and how they might operate in relationships, while also highlighting characteristics in these types that are both desirable and avoidable in a relationship.
5. It does not condemn or shame either gender, nor does it give an "out" for negative and hurtful behavior; it discusses the information based on research and presents an opportunity to break cycles of repetitive, destructive relationships (for both men and women).

Read this book if you're interested in finding out more about your relationship patterns and/or you've had at least one experience with cheating (either as the cheater or the one being cheated on).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 23 Feb. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed and read this book straight off cover to cover. Its fun and educational. Would help any man trying to understand himself and any woman to understand the men in her life better, not just lovers but Fathers, brothers and friends too. Had a lot of fun working out my ex`s and found it quite easy too, using the descriptions of the 27 different groups. Also identified some of my behaviour patterns as a woman from the various descriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Feb. 2014
Well what can I say...
I really enjoyed reading 'Why Men Really Cheat', I simply couldn't put it down. I enjoyed more of the psychological theory behind why the male gender acts the way they do and how schemas are built and then reinforced. I must confess I will have to re-read this book there's a lot to take in and I'm sure I will learn something new each time.
Fascinating read Martyn you should be very proud of yourself well done. x

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for women wanting to understanding to opposite sex, 12 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed this book and can finally understand why previous parnters have acted the way they have and why relationships have fizzled out.I now realise that understanding the behaviour patterns of men is key when trying to find the right relationship. Who wouldn't love this book, it's really easy to read and is now my relationship/man bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had so much fun figuring out what 'type' the man I married is ..., 29 July 2014
I bought Martyn's book in Doha, Qatar. I read the book in Doha, Qatar while sunbathing and found it more sizzling than the 40+ degree C heat that I was sunbathing in. ' Why Men Really/Rarely Cheat' is intriguing/intellectual/informative/funny/entertaining and irresistible all in one. I cannot think of anything more that I would want from a book. It really is one of those that you can't put down. I had so much fun figuring out what 'type' the man I married is and furthermore some very interesting things about my "Ex's", not to mention things about myself, i.e. "why did I go for that type?" It's a fantastic read if you have ever found yourself wondering what does it for you (or what did it for you depending on where you are in the relationship stakes). This book is for everyone and I would buy it again if I hadn't already bought it. The sequel is begging to be written. I would buy it without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A chance to understand men at last!, 15 Nov. 2014
What an amazing book, it should be taught in schools!

I feel I should be carrying it in my handbag when I go out of an evening.

I found myself constantly trying to analyse my exes, so that’s why he behaved that way; ah that explains his treatment of me; wasn’t I a mug putting up with that.

There was a lot of technical data, but the book is written in a very light hearted way, making it easy to read and understand. Thank goodness for the summaries towards the end, so now I know what each summary means I can check a guy out quickly.

I believe my next relationship will benefit hugely from the information in this book and I will know how best to deal with my new man when I work out what type he is, I can’t wait.

I can’t help thinking we need a similar book analyzing female behaviour, I hope Martyn is planning one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW!, 12 Mar. 2014
Have read the book cover-to-cover and thoroughly enjoyed! I think it's a good read for men also and not just women as it could help them to understand some of our behaviours towards them in varying situations!

Will be taking it on holiday to read again!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it for a friend, 12 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect read, 15 Feb. 2014
I recieved my book last week and i couldn't put the book down, 5star rating because love it. Hopefully there will be a sequel?

Why Men REALLY Cheat: The Psychological Secrets of Male Infidelity
Why Men REALLY Cheat: The Psychological Secrets of Male Infidelity by Martyn Stewart (Paperback - 28 Jan. 2014)