5.0 out of 5 stars Steven R Lawhead
Steven R Lawhead one of my favourite authors. Although I did go off him a bit
With his Celtic Arthur myths etc. I just could not get into them. But away from the Celtic
Myths! Steven R Lawhead is simple brilliant.
Published 7 months ago by Peter Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars not Stephen Lawhead's usual standard for me
Bit disappointed after enjoying previous novels, but entertaining nevertheless. I much preferred the style of the Pendragon series.
Not going to read the rest of this series.
Published 7 months ago by peeps

3.0 out of 5 stars not Stephen Lawhead's usual standard for me, 12 May 2014
Not going to read the rest of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steven R Lawhead, 11 May 2014
Steven R Lawhead one of my favourite authors. Although I did go off him a bit
Myths! Steven R Lawhead is simple brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just not got enough of it!, 30 Jan 2014
I just love this serie of Stephen Lawhead. The fantasy but also the style. We are travelling in different worlds via time and space. All the characters are people like you and me but living experiences which change them forever trough a splendid quest full of good and evil. The perfect combination where you want to know what is coming next but never want to end.
Thank you Mr. Lawhead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, left me wanting to read more, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Skin Map. Stephen Lawhead (Bright Empires) (Paperback)
This was an unusual story, not exactly science fiction but more a kind of fantasy, and I didn't realise until the end that it was to be continued .... It left me slightly disappointed but would be likely to read the next book in the series.

Reviewed in exchange for a preview Kindle copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wunderbar, 11 Sep 2014
Another wonderful installment of the series. Filled with excitment and wonder, it is a sparkle for the reader imagination one must simply exprience

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Stephen's best, 26 July 2013
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Skin Map. Stephen Lawhead (Bright Empires) (Paperback)
I love a story that gives me something not only different but promises an adventure along the way and very early on in my reading life I discovered Stephen Lawhead who found a way that not only brought everything together for me, so for years whenever he's had a new title out I've always loved to sit back and have some guilt free pleasure that takes me back.

Here in this new offering is a book that gives the readers characters that they'll enjoy spending time around, they're fascinating and with a lead hero like Kit, brings you into the fantastical in such a way that it's a natural step. Add to the mix the authors usual style of pace and prose all round should have delivered something spectacular however for me, it felt almost as if it should have been a short story or novella rather than being extended into a full length novel as there were parts when the pace just died off and left me floundering. All round a shame and perhaps not this authors best but still entertaining enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a new author, 11 Oct 2013
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
For a new author just starting out in the world of writing, I'd say this was a pretty good fantasy adventure. This wasn't written by a new author though, so should my opinion of the book change?

I was attracted to this book not only by the blurb, but also being a fan of the author. The Stephen R Lawhead King Raven Trilogy 3 Books Collection Set RRP £ 21.97 (King Raven Trilogy) (Hood: King Raven Trilogy, Volume 1, Scarlet: King Raven Trilogy, Book 2, Tuck: King Raven Trilogy, Volume 3) books are amongst my favourite books of all time. In comparison to those however, this pales.

The actual plot is interesting enough, and it kept me keen right to the end. If I were completely honest though, I found the story of Mina's bakery/coffee house the most interesting part.

When I got to the end, I really wasn't sure if I was going to read the next in the series (The Bone House (Bright Empires)). Included in this was the opening chapter of that book however, and having read it I really think it unlikely that I will continue with this series at this time, and at the price being asked.

I don't think I would recommend this book to fans of the author, but I'm really split over that. It IS an interesting book, but I don't think it has the staying power to warrant the multi-book series it appears to be. Maybe it gets better, maybe I'll find out one day - but not today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the book?, 15 Dec 2014
I shouldn't actually provide a review for the book, as it appears that this has not been downloaded onto my Kindle app on my iPad.

The Skin Map. Stephen Lawhead (Bright Empires)
The Skin Map. Stephen Lawhead (Bright Empires) by Steve Lawhead (Paperback - 22 Mar 2013)