5.0 out of 5 stars great book, very informative
this is a very good book for anyone who likes running, cycling or swimming, either as a competitor or just as a keep fit method.
although the title suggests that it is aimed at Triathletes it offers valuable information to all 3 phases on their own.
it gives very detailed but easy to understand information regarding the correct way to build up from basic to...
Published on 11 May 2012 by Kirsti

2.0 out of 5 stars All too serious for me
I seem to be on my own here but just didn't take to the book. The author is clearly a fantastic athlete and very knowledgeable in the field but the tone is often dictatorial with little explanation as to why you should do a certain thing. Its just too mechanical and serious for me - bordering on OCD with the training. Example: the author states that unless otherwise...
Published 10 months ago by Jonah

5.0 out of 5 stars The Encyclopedia of Triathlon., 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Complete Book of Triathlon Training: The Encyclopedia of Triathlon (Paperback)
Purchased this off a 'WIsh List' for a Christmas gift for a relative. Arrived in good time and was well packaged. Placed order very late, but item actually arrived well before Christmas. Hope that the recipient is pleased with it as they currently enter triathlons.. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encyclopedia of Triathlon, 3 Nov 2012
As someone new to the sport I have been reading around for the most effective and suitable training programs (particualrly as I bought this moving into the "off" season).
The encyclopedia gives fantastic advice and insight into the sport and training schedules in "layman speak".
A great purchase I would strongly endorse.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 10 Oct 2012
What a great book! Whether you are training for your first triathlon or you are a seasoned triathlete there will be something for you in this book, from a basic introduction to the sport and on to the Ironman distances. I particularly liked the authors' stress level calculations where he teaches the average athlete to incorporate other life stressors into your training plan in a simplified points' system.

5.0 out of 5 stars beginner triathlete, helped knock 5 mins off my time!!, 1 Aug 2012
Having only done a few sprint and olympic distance triathlons I'm relatively new to the sport and have found this book really helpful. Mark covers the complete process of triathlon from training to race day preperations through to the recovery period.

Using his wealth of experience Mark provides tips and fixes for every imaginable problem or set-back, which really did make a difference on race-day. From equipment checklists to nutritional strategies he gives advice suitable for beginners up to advanced athletes, which I will continue to refer back to in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Interesting, Informative, 30 July 2012
"The Complete book of Triathlon Training" is a great book for hardcore athletes, beginners or simply fans of sport. I think it is appropriate not only for triathletes but for swimmers, cyclists, runners or general fitness enthusiasts. Everyone can learn something from Kleanthous's expert advice and experience. With its excellent balance of technical explanations of training and simple tips and words of wisdom, I found this book hard to put down. It is incredibly easy to understand, informs you about everything from nutrition to sleep management, and overall a really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Triathlon trainees, 15 Oct 2013
Bought this book as a guide line for a relative just starting on the triathlon track, It covers everything and was received with enthusiasm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent overview, 7 Jun 2013
Brilliant book with lots of detail. Easy to understand, even for beginners!! This book will motivate me through my training

5.0 out of 5 stars Triathlon training, 28 Jan 2013
This book has been a great help to my husband who started competing in triathlons last year. It has given him so much information and understanding of how to get it right. A must buy for anyone wanted to start triathlons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A weekend warrior's view, 11 Dec 2012
Gavin Oberholzer (Bracknell, Berkshire, GB) - See all my reviews
I have been doing triathlons for three years now. I was not immediately committed to the sport but the addiction has been taking hold gradually. I came to know Mark K. a few months ago by approaching him for some coaching for my first Ironman 2013. The reason I have chosen coaching is that I don't want to have to learn the lessons of 400 triathlons by myself. Why not utilise the knowledge of someone whom has done the hard yards and got "ALL" the t-shirts.

I'm an executive so I need to fit my program around a busy lifestyle. I need someone to help to train smarter in order to gain the maximum results from the time I have to put into my training. I don't want to learn all these lessons for myself. That is why I approached Mark. Mark's book lays out everything you need to know about triathlon. From one of the few people on the planet that completed back to back triple Ironmans and is one of the most experienced triathletes around.

It is perhaps the practical knowledge that makes a difference, what to do in the last 7 days before a major event, what to eat on the morning of the big day, what to eat in the last days before a major event. What do I do when injury or illness strike? How hard should I train? Why shoudn't I blast it every day?

Mark is making a real difference in my triathlon life. This book is equivalent to putting the best personal trainer in your pocket and he will help you achieve the best. I already feel capable of beating all my previous records. I have confidence that Mark's book will help you achieve yours. But hey, read a couple of pages and decide for yourself. It's a no-brainer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Understandable and comprehensive, 15 July 2012
I'm a first timer and was looking for a book I could use as a reference work, but also read from cover to cover. The book is filled with invaluable, true and tested, information. And so much easier to use than fx The training bible.
For those of us that are new to the lingo there is an extensive and up to date encyclopedia. There are own sections dedicated to the different distances, from sprint to Ironman.
For some reason there is no index, but the content list is clear, so it's not a big problem.
The system, for tracking the impact of training and every day life through training points(TLS), is great. This can be used by any one that needs to fit the optimum amount of training to there busy life, and get the best progress possible, not overtrain and peak at their competition day.
By buying the book you get a headstart on your competitors.

Complete Book of Triathlon Training: The Encyclopedia of Triathlon
Complete Book of Triathlon Training: The Encyclopedia of Triathlon by Mark Kleanthous (Paperback - 22 Aug 2013)
11.87