Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 December 2013
Lord Norwich's Christmas Crackers have delighted me for years; the illustrations have brought me even more delight. One wonders why his Commplace books have not been illustrated before. I wish there were more, many more. Thank you, Lord Norwich.

David
on 24 November 2013
When I was sent this book from the publisher I was excited about sharing it with my class of children, this however I found was not possible. The text is way too advanced for them and they didn't understand it, also some of the text was not suitable for them.

This is a book that have been compiled of John Norwich's 'Christmas Crackers' he sends to his family and friends at Christmas time, instead of a Christmas card. The book is made up of poetry and prose that he has found amusing.

The illustrations in the book are wonderful, to be honest I expected nothing less from Quentin Blake! They are humorous and fit well with the text.

Some of the quotes I found very funny and others not so, I do feel though that my expectations of the book did not follow with what I actually got. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to share it with my class as it quickly became apparent this was an adults book.

This is a nice 'coffee table' book as it can be flicked through and you can get a snip of enjoyment from it.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me this copy.
on 12 November 2015
I thought that this was John Julius Norwich usual Christmas cracker for this year. I was disappointed !
on 27 August 2015
many laughs
on 15 February 2015
Funny
on 17 December 2013
I really have not read it as it is a birthday gift to a friend. It looked as if it will be a good little read. No doubt Imwil hear about it in due course!