5.0 out of 5 stars Double-Jolly
Lord Norwich's Christmas Crackers have delighted me for years; the illustrations have brought me even more delight. One wonders why his Commplace books have not been illustrated before. I wish there were more, many more. Thank you, Lord Norwich.

David
Published 12 months ago by David A. Novak

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K not what I was expecting
When I was sent this book from the publisher I was excited about sharing it with my class of children, this however I found was not possible. The text is way too advanced for them and they didn't understand it, also some of the text was not suitable for them.

Published 13 months ago by mrsb2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Double-Jolly, 7 Dec 2013
David A. Novak "David Novak" (Lorain, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Illustrated Christmas Cracker (Hardcover)

David

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracker of a book, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Illustrated Christmas Cracker (Hardcover)
I really have not read it as it is a birthday gift to a friend. It looked as if it will be a good little read. No doubt Imwil hear about it in due course!

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K not what I was expecting, 24 Nov 2013

This is a book that have been compiled of John Norwich's 'Christmas Crackers' he sends to his family and friends at Christmas time, instead of a Christmas card. The book is made up of poetry and prose that he has found amusing.

The illustrations in the book are wonderful, to be honest I expected nothing less from Quentin Blake! They are humorous and fit well with the text.

Some of the quotes I found very funny and others not so, I do feel though that my expectations of the book did not follow with what I actually got. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to share it with my class as it quickly became apparent this was an adults book.

This is a nice 'coffee table' book as it can be flicked through and you can get a snip of enjoyment from it.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me this copy.

The Illustrated Christmas Cracker
The Illustrated Christmas Cracker by John Julius Norwich (Hardcover - 7 Nov 2013)