Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 April 2014
I saw an advert for this book in an artists magazine and thought I should try it. This is the third art book I have bought and it is by far the BEST. It covers all aspects of Acrylic painting techniques in a very easy to read manner. In just the first few pages I learned things that will really help and some things that I had already learned through trial and error (time I now feel was wasted, not to mention expense). This book is VERY useful, especially for someone new to painting.
on 6 April 2014
If you want one book to cover everything then this is the book for you. Lots of ideas, methods and inspiration
on 23 May 2014
Comprehensive guidance...all the things I wanted to know and more. Clear and understandable with useful demonstrations. Would definitely recommend it to all developing their skills in acrylics.
on 27 February 2014
A very useful book for starting out in acrylics, with chapters showing techniques and giving practical advice.dimensions of this manual are "just right"
on 28 March 2014
Brilliant book full of good ideas. Attractively produced and easy to read or simply dip into for information on techniques.
on 31 May 2015
The best and most comprehensive book on acrylic painting which I could ever find. And still not too thick and big book just the right size for me to carry around and to look into it when I need, actually I prefer it much more to browsing my smart phone for the tips and advises. It gives you lots of tips and hints without comparing the techniques to any professional still keeping you openminded. I have already used it so many times as none of the other books I have at home.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 December 2013
This is a fine compendium for all those who want to explore acrylic painting techniques. With over 300 tips, techniques and secrets, you should find everything you are looking for in this book. The beginner will find it very useful, but even the seasoned user of acrylics, might find this book handy. Acrylic is a versatile medium and Gill explores it fully. Contents include Setting Up; Designing the Painting and Techniques but the chapter titles do not convey the wealth of material inside this book. This book is packed with information and filled with excellent photographs of works. There are step by step demonstrations too. An excellent buy.
on 10 July 2014
Good book with lots of ideas and techniques
on 31 January 2015
Excellent purchase ... Arrived very quickly
Packed full of information on all acrylic painting techniques . After returning to painting after a long time I found it was easy to understand with lots of useful tips.
I would not hesitate in recommending to anyone interested in using acrylic .
on 17 April 2015
wish I had this at the beginning of using acrylic but even so it was helpful to have it now. Learnt a lot & will be a good companion for, I am sure, many years.