on 20 February 2014
This book is brilliant and is written for the UK (most books are American which has entirely different terminology and stitches). I find it easier to stick strictly to one eg. British patterns AND instructions. I have just returned to crochet after several years and find myself somewhat rusty. This book is brilliant and really helps with all sorts of problems I have encountered. 10/10
on 11 February 2014
This book is packed full of advice, tips and references for crocheters of all levels. It is set out in clear, logical sections with helpful photographs and diagrams, and covers subjects which will help both those starting out and the more seasoned crafter. I've been crocheting for four years and it has filled in several gaps in my knowledge I wasn't aware of.
on 14 May 2014
Absolutely brilliant book for learning the basics with enough nice projects to inspire you to carry on trying. I would definitely recommend this book. Would make a great gift for a beginner or someone who knows the basics but wnts easy projects apart from granny squares.
on 12 May 2014
Great book.
It takes one through the first steps to the end of the crochet.
I bought this for myself but I would also buy for others interested in crochet
on 9 September 2014
It has quick a good selection of tips which are really useful, but appears more of a beginners book
on 23 August 2014
Very informative book, great for reading and for taking a quick glance at to check something
on 14 August 2015
A really good information book about the craft. I have bought some good books recently as I am only just beginning to crochet. but this book is slightly different it actually explains the wools, the stitches and the hooks as well as giving you a photo step by step way of how to do each stitch.
on 27 July 2015
This book is excellent. I have taught myself to crochet the basic stitches as well as some shapes and am on my way to producing my first blanket. I did get a friend to show me how to hold the yarn whilst crocheting as this is the key to success!
on 13 March 2014
Delivered super quick. The book is well laid out with specific sections on tension, stitch methods, yarn type, conversions etc. Lovely diagrams and photos to compare you work with, which helps when you're just starting out with a craft such as crocheting. The only thing I dislike about this book - hence the four stars, is the project details, unless you've read the entire first half of the book and memorized each stitch name etc it can be hard to follow each set of instructions as you have to flip from page to page. Having said that, as you learn more about the methods, this shouldn't be an issue.
on 4 October 2015
seems to be well illustrated looking forward to actually trying some items out of it