Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 March 2014
This book is terrific value and the all 20 designs are really lovely. However, it is best suited to someone with experience. I tried the peaked cap and, despite using the correct yarn and hook, found the pattern wasn't right and the row where you reduce again for the brim made it ludicrously small. I had to go up 2 hook sizes to get anywhere near. Also, I found the pattern a bit strange in that there was a lot of breaking off of the yarn and rejoining. It could have been designed/written to flow much more smoothly and give an overall neater finish.
I still love the book for the price, and it would have got a higher rating if I depeded on design alone, but I think it is better used as inspiration rather than patterns to follow slavishly.
on 15 October 2013
Although I haven't made anything yet, I've already earmarked one I'm going to try as soon as possible as I know I have a spare skein in my stash left from a scarf I made a year or so ago...yehh a matching hat coming up! These patterns looked good and there are tips on the number of chains required for a pattern repeat so I'm hoping this will make everything easy to adapt for smaller sizes for my two daughters. Hoping to get hooky today :-)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 1 October 2013
includes twenty contemporary crochet hats, easy to make and easy to wear. Every day street hats and four glam enough for evening wear. Get trendy and fashionable with crochet.
VINE VOICEon 14 October 2013
Beautiful crocheted hats, in various colourful styles for young and old. I particularly appreciated the pages of directions. Something here for beginner to practiced.
on 4 February 2014
The book is really nice and there is no problem with the way the patterns are written. I mainly bought this to use up the glut of DK wool I have in my stash, the patterns were mostly for chunkier wool, so I haven't used it yet, thats why only 4 stars
on 5 November 2013
Was delighted with the book "crocheted beanies" it was delivered quickly and was full of easy projects to do. I'm having lots of fun crocheting hats
on 21 December 2013
This little book gave me some new ideas and was value for money. They are mostly crocheted in the round which I, personally, find more difficult than working backwards and forwards, but it does mean that there is no seam.
on 3 January 2014
This book is perfect for an intermediate level crochet maker, perfect for making winter presents for your girlfriends and has scheme patterns for most of the beanies.All of the designs are quite modern and wearable.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 April 2015
I love the twenty to make range of books.
They offer fantastic value for amazing
how to's.

Crocheted Beanies is a fantastic addition
to the range.

Personally I would classify them as slouchies
rather than beanies.
This shouldn't however detract from the fantastic designs
held within the book.

There is a good range in the designs and they cover
most crocheter levels from beginner up.
Some of the designs are in written format and a couple
are in chart forI had never followed a chart but even I
found it easy enough to make one of the hats
I really like this book and have already
chosen another hat to make for a friend.

I decided to make as my first project the
Filet Fun hat.mat.
I love the use of different materials, techniques
and styles to create such a varying design
of hats.

It was a really fun easy hat to make and I love the design.
I love the added touch of the flower design as well.
It adds that little something extra to the hat.

Overall this book offers amazing value for money.
You get a varied amount of designs for such a small price.
If you want to crochet a hat then
this is a fantastic book for you.

I received the book to review, however all opinions expressed are my own and no monies were received.
review image
on 26 November 2013
Only tried one pattern - very easy to follow. Good selection of hats in the book, both written patterns and charts. Uses USA terminology with UK terms in brackets next to it. Great little book.