5.0 out of 5 stars New perspective

very good backround history
Published 29 days ago by clive witcomb

5.0 out of 5 stars New perspective, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Story of Kew Gardens In Photographs (Hardcover)
I have known the gardens at Kew since I was a small child but this beautiful book is full of the most surprising images that have allowed me to view the gardens with an historical perspective that I had never really considered before. It has caused me to look at various parts of the gardens with a much more questioning eye. It has given me a reason to revisit the whole 300 acres and to envisage the many glorious past activities that have happened there over the last century and a half+. I was very surprised that it is such a substantial work at such a low price. The two authors clearly know their subject very well and it is a fascinating companion to the official history of Kew by Ray Desmond. I have been slowly reading my way through the latter but I read through this photographic equivalent in a single sitting and have revisited it several times since. My book of 2013 so far, if nothing else for the cover picture alone. bring back the horses Kew!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 4 July 2013
This review is from: The Story of Kew Gardens In Photographs (Hardcover)
A dream came through when i saw that this book was being published. Thank you Kew for all your great achievements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect garden gift, 8 May 2014
This review is from: The Story of Kew Gardens In Photographs (Hardcover)
Perfect gift for my Dad, to go alongside a year pass to Kew Gardens. He loved it, and has been pouring over the photos in anticipation of a sunny day when he'll be heading for a visit.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 3 May 2015
very good backround history

The Story of Kew Gardens In Photographs
The Story of Kew Gardens In Photographs by Kiri Ross-Jones (Hardcover - 15 May 2013)