5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning
This is an absolutely beautiful book.
I was nearly put of by the price, but I'm glad I wasn't. It's a real meaty tome and needs to be a hardback.
Some of the letters are absolutely fascinating, such as Gandhi pleading with Hitler to avoid war, or Hilter's nephew writing to Pres Roosevelt after he was refused entry to the US Army.
Others are humorous, moving...
Published 5 months ago by Mr. M. Cornish

1.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK BUT DO NOT BUY ON KINDLE!!!
Seems an excellent book, but letters that weren't translated as text alongside the originals, were unreadable!! I have 20/20 vision by the way. However, such was the positive impression the parts of the book I managed to read made on me,I have since complained and had a refund from Amazon Kindle and subsequently bought the tome in book form, which is yet to be delivered.
Published 5 months ago by John Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 1 Nov 2013
Mr. M. Cornish (Rutland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely beautiful book.
Others are humorous, moving and downright incredible, giving a real insight into historical figures or points in history.
It's also beautifully illustrated with pictures of the original letters and other images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I'd hoped ..., 6 Nov 2013
Just received my copy, purchased for my mother for Christmas. She is an inveterate letter-writer but not online so has never known the joy of following Shaun Usher on Twitter. This book has been perfectly produced; I am going to buy more copies as gifts, and one for myself. Letters of Note ought to fascinate anyone who can read, frankly. A brilliant bit of publishing and definitely deserving of a wide readership.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUCH A TREAT!, 21 Nov 2013
I was following Letters of Note on Facebook when I saw the book advertised and asked for it for my birthday in July, knowing I'd have to wait till October to get it. And when it came, such a treat! Beautifully presented, it has sat on my coffee table and almost every evening I dip into it for a little treat. I've now found it on Amazon because I want to buy it for my mum for Christmas. And now I see the price is reduced I might get it for my two sisters too! Can't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and beautiful, with a lovely blue ribbon., 4 Nov 2013
I have enjoyed taking this book to bed every evening and reading a few letters at a time.

As well as delivering tasty snapshots into the minds and times of people involved in events significant and trivial in the past, the book gathers stories that are impossible not to pass on to friends, colleagues and family.

It's a hefty tome, tastefully outfitted with pictures and copies of the original letters (which are often all but illegible, but only more charming for it).

I believe this would make a brilliant, thoughtful gift for many; the greatest trouble this collection has brought to my life is having to resist sharing every story with those friends set to receive a copy for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Nov 2013
This book is fantastic and has been bought as a Christmas present. Very pleased with this purchase. going to
order another one for myself

5.0 out of 5 stars A really special book, 3 Nov 2013
This is a really special collection of letters, I've been waiting AGES for it to be published and it was really truly worth the wait! Just about to buy a second copy to give to my Grandma (an avid letter-writer herself) for Christmas. The content is fabulous, just fascinating, and it's been wonderfully presented. Many congratulations to Shaun Usher.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must..., 27 Nov 2013
Chris (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Sit back, relax, and transport yourself to another into other peoples lives via their words..the art of beautiful letter writing is becoming a lost one... these letters are heartwarming, funny, some will bring tears and they all tell a story. And bonus is you see the actual written letter...oh the handwriting back in the day! I love this book (which is quite substantial in size) and recommend to anyone who enjoys good writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 5 Feb 2014
The ultimate coffee table book, great letters to and from great people. Would make a lovely gift. Has nice images and sometimes the original letters, offers a unique insight into the lives of writers, actors, presidents, queens and many others.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read but some letters unreadable on a Kindle, 19 Jan 2014
Mark Cassie "cotsweb.com" (Stow on the Wold, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife gave me the Kinde edition of this book for Christmas and I love it. The selection of letters is eclectic but each one is either fascinating or amusing or heartwrenching or sometimes all of these together. I dip into it to read one or two letters and end up reading 10, the next one always looks interesting.

My only complaint is that while most letters are transcribed some, those that should be quite clear as a facsimile, are not. These are just presented as scanned image in the middle of the page. But they are impossible to read on the Kindle and while it is possible to increase the font size it isn't possible to zoom an image. The only way I can read them is to use the Kindle app on my PC to read them on a larger screen. This would apply to fewer than 10% of the letters but it is annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 7 Nov 2013
I have been a fan of the site for a while and was delighted when the book was released. I bought it as a present for my mum and she loves it. The letters are beautiful & varied, and well presented in the book with a picture of each of the original letters as well as a transcription as some are hard to read!

I think I am going to buy one for myself!

ARRAY(0x9cf1cab0)

Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience
Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience by Shaun Usher (Hardcover - 26 Oct 2013)
19.50