Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 April 2016
Stunning pictures. Really show off the landscape of the islands.
Interesting to read Peter Mays story along side although there are a couple of errors I have noted so far. Two pictures of the free church in Stornoway. One labelled wrongly as the " wee free " church.
However well worth buying for the pictures alone. Beautiful book.
on 15 September 2015
.Wonderful ....... all the places mentioned in the Lewis .Trilogy3 books are shown and discussed .so glad I read the books first ,,,,, beautiful photos of my Fathers birthland before he .emigrated to Canada in 1923
on 25 November 2015
A wonderful book of detailed text alongside beautiful photographs. The collaboration between author and photographer is evident to see. An ideal reminder for those who have previously visited these delightful islands.
on 22 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for my husband who has the Triology of Peter May books set in the Western Isles. He adored the the books but as he is a keen photographer and as we have travelled from top to toe of the Western Isles made this a very special choice.
on 19 March 2014
This book is for anybody who has read the Lewis trilogy by Peter May. So interesting seeing pictures of the locations that are mentioned in the three books. Love Peter May's books and cant wait to visit the Hebrides for myself.
on 28 October 2013
Really pleased with my purchase, and amazed at the fantastic photography and quality of the book. Definitely one to treasure and pass on to friends and family. Slightly biased as I grew up in Stornoway and have read all the books.
on 22 January 2014
The photos in this book are wonderful and so evocative if you've ever visited the Hebrides. If you haven't, rhese photos will tempt you to go. The prose excerpts from the Chessmen trilogy compliment the images perfectly.
on 19 March 2015
Wonderful photos of such a special place and the naming of places in the Lewis trilogy books. I bought the book because of the trilogy and have now planned a visit based on what I have read and the photographs.
on 2 July 2014
Having spent A FORTNIGHT on Lewis ,Harris,N.Uist,S Uist in June 2009 and with such vivid memories of these beautiful Islands,marvellous beaches,wildlife etc. This book and the superb photos brought back the memories.
I am using it as a source book to collate my images -100's taken and print them.
If you go to the outer Hebrides look at this book before you go and you will not be disappointed!!
on 11 January 2015
The photographs in this book are breathtaking even toa Lewis person like myself .As someone who loves the sea in all its moods and who has lived away from it for many years this is the nearest experience I can have to being there >I love the strong colours of the sunsets and know they really are true to life .For me this book is a wonderful experience I shall return to again and again!