Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 February 2016
Brilliant! Really tasty and laughably simple recipes that are not only tasty but nutritious too! We are planning to make a present of this book to each of the grandchildren as they go off to Uni. When I was a student back in the day my 'bible' was 'Cooking in a Bedsitter' by Catherine Whitehorn. It got me through art school but wasn't a patch on this book. I wish it had been around back then:-(
on 12 November 2015
Fabulous for my daughter going off to Uni. She already knows the basics of cooking so these recipes are just what she needed for a balanced, inexpensive but healthy diet. Recipes are easy to follow and ingredients are things that most people already have in their cupboards!
on 23 February 2015
This book is amazing! Finally excited about food and having anything other than a pot noodle for my dinner...uses cheap ingredients and good for fussy eaters too :) thank you!! :) :) :)
on 27 January 2016
Even if you are not a student, this is a good book. Quick and cheap meals, that are good for you. Perfect when you have been work all day and don't want to spend too long on dinner.
on 24 September 2015
Really nice recipes, very simply and easy to do
on 5 November 2013
I am not a student! But this book is great, loads of recipes and all geared for two people! So this is ideal for me and my husband. Recipes are simple and in 'English' All the ingredients are available from your local supermarket.
Not many photos though, so you don't always know what the finished dish should look like.
on 10 January 2015
Bought this book for my vegetarian niece. I was thrilled at how pleased she was with it. Simple instructions & reasonably priced ingredients. A very good book
on 16 January 2015
I am not a Student but wanted and found an excellent book on vegetarian cooking - I love it and will buy one for my niece when she goes to university.
on 12 September 2014
Bought this as I'm off to uni soon and the ingredients are actually pretty basic and it will be easy to maintain a budget whilst cooking a variety of meals from this book. It covers tons of stuff - pasta, stir fries, noodles, rice, soups, curries, jacket potatoes and toppings, breakfasts and desserts plus sections on feeding friends, easy dinners and toppings for toast! Good quality photos but only thing I'd say is could do with more of them! Definitely recommend buying this book - and not just for students!
on 5 January 2014
Easy read, great variety of tasty recipes for students or anyone on a bit of a budget. A*. The best vege cookbook I have bought in a long time.