Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 23 August 2013
I don't write many articles that are genuinely of a scholarly nature but I write a lot of pieces that require a more formal style, with referencing, sourcing and the like.

Many journals and educational establishments follow MHRA's precedence and the guide book is a wonderfully clear and simple reference work. A lot of it comes naturally to those of us who write more formally but my copy is already being thumbed regularly and is never far from my desk.

An excellent style guide brilliantly put together. Thank you to Brian and the MHRA team.
on 19 October 2013
Well, we don't have an equivalent to the Chicago Manual of Style. The Oxford Style Manual is getting ever bigger, and is all over the place. Would highly recommend this MHRA guide for all historians and theologians. Concise, nicely laid out, and covers just about everything. Also compliments the MHRA citation plug-in for Zotero.
on 11 November 2015
Eessential for anyone needing to include full academic references and bibliography to their writing
on 23 February 2014
not a fan of this book, working on my OU course and its just reminding me how dyslexic I am. Don't find it easy to follow and its not very helpful unless you are an English graduate. in fact I find the book very difficult to follow.
on 8 November 2013
I'm sure I will use this book more when I have to write longer essays. For now it's been useful for presenting quotes only. It is clearly laid out though. You don't have to trawl through lots of heavy reading to find a simple answer, It is user-friendly.
My partner has suggested that there's no additional information in this book that you couldn't get from Microsoft Word's style editor. How true this is I don't know.
on 4 January 2015
This is the style guide that my department uses for referencing. The book is easy to follow. The only problem I have is that after I ordered this I found a free pdf version of it online!
on 11 November 2014
Just what I needed since I am rather too often confused as to the niceties of 'style' in presenting the finished academic work.
on 7 August 2015
MHRA is the best referencing system I've ever encountered, and this style guide is a must have.
on 9 October 2014