5.0 out of 5 stars Complex fast paced thriller
I was disorientated after the first few paragraphs in this fast paced and complex thriller. Just as I thought I had it all sussed I was again thrown into a disorientated state. The words suck you in and spit you out so you feel exhausted and try as you might to gain your poise soemthing else jumps off the page and grabs you once again!

I don't think I've read a...
Published on 28 April 2010 by J. Galloway

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me!?
Am I out of touch with everybody else who read this book? I downloaded it because of the reviews. My god it was terrible! I stuck it out until I got to the 4 midgets then couldn't take any more drivel. It was like somebody had had a strange dream and decided to put it down on paper. Believe me, life is too short. Didn't want to give it any stars
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Maz

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex fast paced thriller, 28 April 2010
J. Galloway (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saving Rachel (Paperback)

I don't think I've read a book like it and I enjoyed it thoroughly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended read for readers of thrillers., 16 Nov 2010
Saving Rachel is a fast paced and very exciting thriller by the talented John Locke. There are more twists and turns than a tangled telephone cord and I finished the book in one sitting - I just HAD to know what happened. My only criticism is that there wasn't enough of Donovan Creed. He might be a cold hearted killer, but Locke gives him a twinkle that makes him irresistible. looking forward to the next one. (@nettiewriter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vital to read in order to make sense!, 17 Feb 2012
Carol Livingstone "Mrs L" got it right; Donovan Creed novels MUST be read in order, otherwise they will make no sense at all. It is understandable how some reviewers feel. That said, I love the genre and the style and the fast-paced action. Perhaps this novel should have been linked or somehow been a part of 'Lethal Experiment', that way it could have been a stand-alone novel to an extent. I've grown to love the dreadful characters that people the books and secretly will their demise: so far I haven't been disappointed.
The correct order is:
8. The Love You Crave
9. Maybe

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me!?, 7 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving Rachel by John Locke, 27 Oct 2010
I could not put this book down, it was full of twists and turns and just when I thought I had worked it out, I was totally wrong. I defy anybody to guess the ending. I loved, loved, loved it. I have already downloaded Wish List, which is another of his books. Can't wait to get reading and I hope it matches up to Saving Rachel.

5.0 out of 5 stars saving rachel, 17 Mar 2011
Carol Livingstone "Mrs L" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
recommend reading the other dc books in sequence and all will become clearer. well as clear as it can be in the mad quirky deadly world of donovan creed. its a marmite collection you either love it or hate it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Far fetched and OTT, 5 Mar 2011
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This first appearance of Donovan Creed is a far fetched and over-the-top story. I couldn't decide if the author was really trying to be funny or just weird! It was often confusing and very convoluted and when trying to describe it to someone I realised it felt like I was trying to describe a surreal dream! Nevertheless I still enjoyed it because of it's peculiar style, hence the three stars.

I'm not sure I'd go for the next Donovan Creed book, I'd certainly download the Kindle sample first and check it out before buying!

What were the midgets all about? Weird!

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd but Good!, 30 Jan 2011
This is the first Donovan Creed novel I have read. It is a bit bizarre and to be honest the whole plot is too surreal to ever be believable. However, if you are happy enough to suspend belief whilst reading this then it is highly enjoyable. The basic plot line is that a man who is having an affair is captured and placed in a glass box and is forced to choose who will live between his wife and his mistress. The writing is crisp, punchy and humerous and there are several plot twists that make this difficult to put down. I noticed a couple of reviewers have commented that Donovan Creed features too late in to the book and I would agree with that. My only other slight grumble was that the book was a bit short (but then that's as much my fault for not checking this before I bought it!) I have bought another couple of Donovan Creed novels on Kindle as a result of this purchase and overall they are pretty good

1.0 out of 5 stars It really is as bad as the one star reviews claim., 20 May 2011
This is a terrible book that I bought for the kindle based purely on cost. That is one mistake I will not repeat. This book is not worth cluttering up your kindle with. It has a totally ridiculous plot with a random writing style that makes you feel as though you have missed out on a huge chunk of action. It also feels as though it has been written by a teenage boy with any sense of a respectable thriller plot rapidly diminishing as the story unfolds. I place great store in amazon reviews and would advise you to believe the one star reviews on this book. Save your pound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different and Bizarre but a fun read, 4 Dec 2010
C. Bannister (Jersey, CI) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This book starts at a pace and that continues throughout.

Be warned the whole story is more than a little bizarre, I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone who wants to get this so can't say too much at all about the story line. Suffice to say it is about a man who believes his wife has been kidnapped and is determined to rescue her.

At such a bargain price you can't go too wrong although a little way in I did consider abandoning it, glad I didn't because sometimes it is nice to read something a little different to my normal choices.

Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed)
Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed) by John Locke (Paperback - 25 Oct 2012)
5.40