A well documented and clearly written book that has information and techniques that has application across a variety of interests from athletics to spirituality.
Published 3 months ago by Michael J Reams

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of "stuff"
This book is all right. There aren't many books concerning this area of spirituality. This one felt it was too hastily put together and was kind of "all over the place" for me. Too many quotes from million different sources, didn't like it. I suppose some people like that but for me it kind of gave a sense that the author doesn't have as deep experience of the...
Published 2 months ago by KATAMI KIM

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, consise information regarding Lucid Dreaming with good references, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great exploration of lucid dreaming with a spiritual touch., 18 Nov 2013
I believe that this book is more aimed towards those who are just starting or have gained an interest in lucid dreaming without experiencing lucid dreaming for themselves yet. For someone who has read other books on lucid dreaming I found some of the information in this book very familiar, yet Charlie brings a very personal touch to many of these aspects which is different.

One thing I would've liked (personally) would have been the dreams of Charlie's to be spread throughout the book rather as references at the back.

Either way it's a very enjoyable read and despite the level of dreaming you're at you will certainly learn from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, 4 May 2014
J. Jones (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Great Lucid Dreaming book by Charlie Morley, very insightful and honest read. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning how to Lucid Dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awaken to the World Within, and Understand the World Around You, 3 May 2014
Morticia Crone "merridwynn" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having had lucid dreams all my life, I wasn't sure that a book exploring them would be anything more than an entertaining diversion, an interesting foray into a world with which I was already familiar. How wrong I was. This book is inspirational, including all of us in the realms of possibilities regarding the world of dreams and all that can be achieved there. I had never even considered the idea of cultivating a lucid dream before this book. And not only is it written in a layman's style so that anyone of any age or station can readily comprehend the wealth of information in its pages, it is written by a man who is heartfelt, sincere and authentic. I have participated in several workshops with Charlie and his style of writing is as personable as his style of teaching. I was a huge Castaneda fan as a teen, and while without doubt I gained much from those works, Dreams of Awakening is geared to encourage everyone to feel empowered by their own potential, and to experience directly the result of that empowerment. Charlie conveyed the meaning of lucid living - either the precursor or the aftermath of lucid dreaming - in such a way that I immediately got it. Gratitude does not even begin to express what I feel after completing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Genuine, 100% helpful!, 1 May 2014
Ahh...what a relief. To read a book jam packed with background knowledge and practical exercises that reads as if it is conversation with you! Well done Charlie Morley. I am so bored of reading text that claims to have all the answers on subjects that we are still delving into in terms of scientific and spiritual/metaphysical exploration. Yes. What a combination. Dreams of Awakening does not miss out a thing. We have examples of the latest scientific research into lucid dreaming, we are able to touch upon philosophical elements that invite readers to explore beyond the sleeping world and into the waking world of 'Lucid Living'. Of course we have Mr Morley's lineage to draw from (Tibetan Buddhism), which gives us a comfortable and broadminded feel through our lucid journey. We have Charlie Morley's own open experiences and journey into his personal world of lucid dreaming. And we have somebody who has the ability to illiterate all this in a fun, easy to read and digestible book! I particularly loved the fact that he was able to refer to his colleagues cited in his book as 'friends' rather than quoting in the normal academic way...which made me feel like i was joining a family i had long awaited for to help enlighten me on my lucid journey.

Practically, what did i get out of the book? Well, I had my first WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) a couple of nights after a read up on the section of exercises. Although Mr Morley does speak wisely of integrating background knowledge with practice of the exercises...I am a fairly experienced lucid dreamer so i was able to get on with the practical exercises pretty quickly. But I do get a little frustrated at a growing culture that just wants a lucid dream on a lucid dream plate...right now! This book will perhaps be able to fill in the missing bits from those youtube clips, the impatient answers on chat forums, and more importantly, you might be able to explain to family members or friends what your new hobby is and why it is suddenly so important to you! :)

Dreams of Awakening will hold your hand. If you get stuck, it is always there to go back to. It is a wonderful reference book, and a creative journey of awakening yourself to this potentially life changing phenomenon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most directly practical book on lucid dreaming!, 1 May 2014
If you are at all interested in lucid-dreaming Charlie's book is so motivating! It draws all aspects together within a spiritual context.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to a dream world, 1 May 2014
Charlie is informative and manages to discuss profound metaphysical issues with a light touch. I appreciate his integrity in writing this book is genuinely to help people access deeper levels of their consciousness, and I found his teachings useful and fascinating. And I've even had a couple of lucid dreams!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 1 May 2014
This is a great book for lucid dreamers. Suitable for either beginners or experienced dreamers alike. Charlie links the physical and spiritual worlds with his unique understanding of the unconscious and conscious. I'm very happy to recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really good book, 1 May 2014
James Collins (Scarborough, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
Awesome book, just awesome. I've read a number of other books on lucid dreaming, and this one is near the top. It really changed my perspective with the Buddhist take on lucid dreaming, which I really liked, as I've been interested in Buddhism for years. Everything is practical in this book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read if you are serious about exploring lucid dreaming!!, 1 May 2014
This book satisfies both the intellectual need for understanding the world of lucid dreaming and also the practical hands-on need for making it a reality in your life. This book is a toolbox of practical exercises and techniques for achieving a lucid dream and what to do when you achieve it. In addition it explores the other stages of sleep and how to use them to further your spirituality and your life. Thank you Charlie for sharing your knowledge and know-how with the world.

Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep