Published 9 months ago by Tomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This is an excellent and information rich guide to lucid dreaming from someone who really seems to have a solid background in the Tibetan yogas and the western approach. Its immediately clear from the first few pages, from the authors confident and humorous tone, that you can really trust he is writing from experience. Some of the other well known books on this subject by...
Published 5 months ago by Chev Chelios

5.0 out of 5 stars A great exploration of lucid dreaming with a spiritual touch., 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep (Paperback)
I believe that this book is more aimed towards those who are just starting or have gained an interest in lucid dreaming without experiencing lucid dreaming for themselves yet. For someone who has read other books on lucid dreaming I found some of the information in this book very familiar, yet Charlie brings a very personal touch to many of these aspects which is different.

One thing I would've liked (personally) would have been the dreams of Charlie's to be spread throughout the book rather as references at the back.

Either way it's a very enjoyable read and despite the level of dreaming you're at you will certainly learn from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 26 Oct 2013
The techniques in this book are simply life changing. I used one technique to decide on a change in career which helped me set up my own business. Another helped with my bereavement over my father. My dream recall is stronger and I'm starting to develop a stronger awareness with my sleeping mind. I generally become disengaged with long winded books but Charlie's way of writing made it easy to breeze through. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking transformation, healing and joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 4 Jun 2014
This fascinating book by Charlie is beautifully written and easy to understand. It's a great introduction into what lucid dreaming is, how to achieve it and the hugely positive effects that it can bring to us. It has truly inspired me to make it a part of my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awake in Dreams, 24 Nov 2013
Really good helpful guide to lucid dream practices. Considered and well thought out as well as fun. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 22 Nov 2013
Mr. Clayton L. Hill "Zampo" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This book is not only easy to read, but its has so many facts that back it up. Its a great book and I feel everyone should read this book as it open the doors to many fun and interesting practises that can benifit us all.
I cant put the book down and since reading this book have had a lucid dream for the first time since I was a young child. This book will be a gift to many this Christmas but not only from me.
Thank you Charlie you are spreading light to the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Lucid Dreaming Book to Read, 17 Nov 2013
If you are only going to buy one book on lucid dreaming, then buy this one. This book has an easy reading style & covers every aspect of lucid dreaming. Having had a handful of spontaneous lucid dreams myself over the years, I new a little about the subject but wanted to explore the subject further & had some unanswered questions. This book not only answered my questions but also taught me so much more as well as giving me inspiration to take lucid dreaming to a whole new level.

This book far exceeded my expectations & I am already seeing progress in having more lucid dreams in such a short period of time since reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a journey of awakening!, 28 Oct 2013
This book definitely covers it all. The journey takes place in 3 parts. It has depth, spirituality and is full of wonderful techniques in part II of the book. Charlie's background in Tibetan Buddhism adds a unique element to his description of lucid dreaming. A lot of wonderful "Aha!" moments throughout. You will enjoy this book even if you are a seasoned lucid dreamer. Charlie offers a perspective that moves beyond the regular concepts of lucidity and onto a platform where dreaming becomes a daily practice that will help you to become more present and mindful in everything you do.
My favorite quote by Charlie sums it up "...a lucid dream is as real as waking reality. It's just a reality with different dimensions." And this book definitely explores these dimensions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance and Dream yourself Awake, 28 Oct 2013
I like the fresh and easy-going writing style of Charlie and the combination of western science and the knowledge of the buddhistic tradition. Charlie is also a dancer (Breakdance!) and I love it, how this background is lighting up in several lines in the book, so I can absolutely identify with it.
It is a wonderful starting point for Beginners and also a good repetition with more detailed informations to give you more inspiration if you already know the basics.
I also like this little examples here and there to get a better picture like explaining emptiness: "Meaning that if we were to force together all the atoms of all the humans who had ever lived and then remove the empty space in those atoms, the entire human race would fit into an area the size of a sugar cube."
This book will give you a great overview of useful technique's to become lucid in your dreams!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring in every way, 29 Jan 2014
The book is exactly like its author – it sparkles, oozes charm and humour, kindness and encouragement. As soon as you pick it up, you know you have found a lucid dream teacher you can trust. With short, readable sections, fascinating examples, sound facts, expert advice and helpful hints on every page, you can dip and dive through the book, or take it at a steady pace from beginning to end. In fact, by the time you have finished, you will really feel you know Charlie. It seems as if he is talking directly to you as he inspires and encourages you to take up dream practice – not just for your own sake, but for the happiness of others also, as you tread your own path of learning, self-knowledge and spirituality. Although this is written by a Buddhist, it is for everybody. Elizabeth English (aka Locana), Author of Vajrayogini: Her Visualisation, Rituals and Forms. (Wisdom Publicationsm 2002).

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Genuine, 100% helpful!, 1 May 2014
Ahh...what a relief. To read a book jam packed with background knowledge and practical exercises that reads as if it is conversation with you! Well done Charlie Morley. I am so bored of reading text that claims to have all the answers on subjects that we are still delving into in terms of scientific and spiritual/metaphysical exploration. Yes. What a combination. Dreams of Awakening does not miss out a thing. We have examples of the latest scientific research into lucid dreaming, we are able to touch upon philosophical elements that invite readers to explore beyond the sleeping world and into the waking world of 'Lucid Living'. Of course we have Mr Morley's lineage to draw from (Tibetan Buddhism), which gives us a comfortable and broadminded feel through our lucid journey. We have Charlie Morley's own open experiences and journey into his personal world of lucid dreaming. And we have somebody who has the ability to illiterate all this in a fun, easy to read and digestible book! I particularly loved the fact that he was able to refer to his colleagues cited in his book as 'friends' rather than quoting in the normal academic way...which made me feel like i was joining a family i had long awaited for to help enlighten me on my lucid journey.

Practically, what did i get out of the book? Well, I had my first WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) a couple of nights after a read up on the section of exercises. Although Mr Morley does speak wisely of integrating background knowledge with practice of the exercises...I am a fairly experienced lucid dreamer so i was able to get on with the practical exercises pretty quickly. But I do get a little frustrated at a growing culture that just wants a lucid dream on a lucid dream plate...right now! This book will perhaps be able to fill in the missing bits from those youtube clips, the impatient answers on chat forums, and more importantly, you might be able to explain to family members or friends what your new hobby is and why it is suddenly so important to you! :)

Dreams of Awakening will hold your hand. If you get stuck, it is always there to go back to. It is a wonderful reference book, and a creative journey of awakening yourself to this potentially life changing phenomenon.

Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep