5.0 out of 5 stars The first book you should read on lucid dreaming
I’ve read many books on lucid dreaming and after a while, they are all pretty repetitive: this is what lucid dreaming is, here’s a technique or two, and here are tons of examples.

Published 7 months ago by Luparaman

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This is an excellent and information rich guide to lucid dreaming from someone who really seems to have a solid background in the Tibetan yogas and the western approach. Its immediately clear from the first few pages, from the authors confident and humorous tone, that you can really trust he is writing from experience. Some of the other well known books on this subject by...
Published 15 months ago by Chev Chelios

5.0 out of 5 stars The first book you should read on lucid dreaming, 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep (Paperback)

Charlie’s book is refreshingly different. The guy has a very intimate understanding of the lucid dreaming state and he communicates this in a clean and clear manner, without having to fluff the book with examples.

It’s aimed at a novice audience but also addresses the ‘why’ of lucid dreaming…something that, in my opinion, is rarely touched upon by other authors. Lucid dreaming has powerful applications for personal and spiritual growth which move beyond the recreational experience such as integrating shadow aspects and understanding the death and dying process. Not only can you work with nightmares but you can also uncover, understand, accept and transform self-limiting beliefs and fears. Charlie dances fearlessly through these themes and the enthusiasm he conveys in doing so is infectious.

In sum, if you want a clear guide on what lucid dreaming is, how to do it, and why to do it, then this is the book for you. I’d recommend reading this and then Robert Waggoner’s ‘Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self’.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for the lucid dreams................................................, 31 Mar. 2015
After a very bad year in my life I have been undergoing a huge change and reading and therapy have been a big part of it. I have completely transformed my way of thinking and behaving which at almost 58 is not a simple thing to achieve, or better… as soon as you discover that your life could be a lot better if only you changed your outlook on life and the way you see the world and yourself (not who you are but the way you handle your life) it is not difficult anymore! I have no idea how I came across the subject of lucid dreaming but it was surely while doing some research on books on spirituality. I have to confess that I had never heard of such dreams although many people I now talk to have heard of them and some even experienced lucid dreams. The concept intrigued me and this book by Charlie Morley seemed the right one for a first approach on the subject. The book is written from the heart and one feels the passion Charlie has for the subject. Because he is so enthusiastic you find yourself reading more and more and doing all the exercises he proposes. Have I managed to have any lucid dream yet? No, so far I am having trouble even remembering my dreams but that might be because I am on anti-depressants. Funny enough the first few nights, while reading the book, I did dream a lot and my dream diary got quite full but then they somehow dried out. I am sleeping much better though… and recently I had a dream in which I was washing some guys curly hair and the hair felt very real, like I could really feel the texture? Maybe that was the start of a lucid dream. The day before I got the book I also did something I have done in the past, which is starting to wake up and then choosing to go back to the same dream. Maybe I was already being inspired by the fact that I had ordered a book on the subject. Other than that I have to say that I have never been interested in the meaning of dreams and was therefore happy that Charlie doesn’t think that decoding the dreams is something one should engage in. I have also ordered his CD but I haven’t had the time to listen to it yet. Now that I have got interested in lucid dreams I won’t stop training until I have managed to have some and once I taste what it is to become lucid in a dream I am sure that I will never go back to my old, uneventful nights. I have to say that being quite a creative person I have always been able to at least remember bits of my dreams and I used to live a second life during the night. But this book is more than a just a book about the theory and practice behind lucid dreaming, it is also very informative as far as sleep and dreaming in general goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great exploration of lucid dreaming with a spiritual touch., 18 Nov. 2013
I believe that this book is more aimed towards those who are just starting or have gained an interest in lucid dreaming without experiencing lucid dreaming for themselves yet. For someone who has read other books on lucid dreaming I found some of the information in this book very familiar, yet Charlie brings a very personal touch to many of these aspects which is different.

One thing I would've liked (personally) would have been the dreams of Charlie's to be spread throughout the book rather as references at the back.

Either way it's a very enjoyable read and despite the level of dreaming you're at you will certainly learn from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 21 Sept. 2014
This is a great book for people interested in lucid dreaming. The author gives a descriptive account of the definition of lucid dreaming, the benefits that it can bring if practised regularly and the process required in order to try to become aware of the dreamscape. I enjoyed this as entertainment reading and educational reading. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning about lucid dreaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful and a must read for those who love inner discovery!, 27 Nov. 2014
Highly charged with wonderful energy and content. After 20 years of sporatic lucid dreaming, this book gave me new ideas and insights and abilities to multiply my LD experiences. His own Ldreams shared in the book are a gem. Such wisdom in such a young teacher. I look forward to his LD CD I ordered on line, and all his future work to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anyone interested in lucid dreaming, 8 Feb. 2015
A great book for anyone interested in lucid dreaming. I love the way it cleverly combines theoretical elements with Charlie's own personal experiences, humour and inspiration to further one's practise.

Having been fortunate to have heard Charlie teach in real life, reading this book made me hear his words in my head, this is exactly what he would say during his teaching. It has not been rehashed into something else. His real life energy and positivity shines through in this book and it will be one I refer to again and again. Not even just for lucid dream practice, but to remind me to stay lucid in waking life also, and how to incorporate all this into the spiritual path.

Highly recommended to all interested in this fascinating subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 4 Jun. 2014
This fascinating book by Charlie is beautifully written and easy to understand. It's a great introduction into what lucid dreaming is, how to achieve it and the hugely positive effects that it can bring to us. It has truly inspired me to make it a part of my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is super! It is very well written, 26 Nov. 2014
This book is super! It is very well written, very easy to read and methodically progresses in a clear and easy to understand fashion. I highly recommend it for anyone who is either new to lucid dreaming or anyone interested in the Buddhist perceptive of lucid dreaming. As an experienced lucid dreaming this books gives a nice overview which gives a good reference to take stock of your own experiences. I am sure everyone, how ever experienced would pick up some nice ideas and tips. It is also very personable, you feel as if Charlie Morley is talking you through it. I really loved reading his dreams at the end. Very inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a beautiful book. Read it!, 4 Sept. 2014
Like all spiritual books, this one 'found' me in an equally serendipitous manner! Charlie's writing talks directly to the heart and mind, in such an accessible way. I have read other books on lucid dreaming, but something really clicked with this one. 'Dreams of awakening' is both informative and experiential. I have had a few lucid dreams in the past but I was never really sure what to do with them and what was the ultimate purpose for having them. I'm coming to understand this more and more. I truly love this book as an ongoing practise - it remains on my bedside table with all my other favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 26 Oct. 2013
The techniques in this book are simply life changing. I used one technique to decide on a change in career which helped me set up my own business. Another helped with my bereavement over my father. My dream recall is stronger and I'm starting to develop a stronger awareness with my sleeping mind. I generally become disengaged with long winded books but Charlie's way of writing made it easy to breeze through. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking transformation, healing and joy.

Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep