5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide For Creating Love Based Relationships
Published 15 months ago by Independent Reviewer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing.
Published 1 month ago by Em B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide For Creating Love Based Relationships, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
Robert Holden has created a great manual for creating a love filled life. What makes this book valid, true and accurate - is that Holden knows what he is talking about; he has done the work of fully understanding for himself, what love really is - and demonstrates how he has applied his own learning, to himself and to all his relationships: from his family of origin, to the family he created - and beyond.

Holden's book however is not a boast about his own success - it is written with humility and compassion for himself and others.

Like other modern spiritual psychology writers, what makes this book intrigueing is that Holden is another student of 'A Course in Miracles' and indeed this book is endorsed by one of the earliest and most famous interpreters of the Course: Marianne Williamson. However Holden brings a different nuanced voice to his interpretation - that of a caring male energy which provides a wonderful balance to those books on the market in this genre.

What also sets this book apart, is that Holden has studied and attained a PhD in traditional psychology; the book starts from what he studied and then rightly incorporates what he has additionally learned about the true meaning of love into all his practices, writings and teachings. Unlike other male 'love gurus's providing workshops and services in the quick fix romance market - the philosophy of Holden's work is based on the foundation of love as the acceptance of everyone's innate wholeness and perfection and the total connected oneness of all people, God and the universe.

This book gets to the heart of what love is, and starts with the fundamental first and perhaps only lesson for each and every person on earth; loving yourself as you are. From here, Holden shows how all other relationships and situations and circumstances of our lives can be gradually yet easily created and transformed - from romantic relationships, friend relationships, career relationships, parent relationships and others.

What also makes this book helpful is that Holden has peppered it with quotes from additional sources and carefully referenced them which enables astute readers to follow up.

This book is for those are willing to make a genuine effort to dig deep, to create real lasting change in their lives.
It is also a great book for learning how to identify and overcome ego based fears within oneself, and to then do the same in all other relationships with others in the world. In this way: the gymics, trickery, manipulative techniques and complex role plays that other self help books advocate in the romantic relationships market - become unnecessary.

No amount of misfortune, past despair, trauma or handicap is beyond divine healing and this is another good book to add to the collection of learning the first secret lesson of life: loving, accepting and honouring yourself just as you are - right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those looking to love themselves, 18 April 2013
Ms. Rebecca J. Walsh (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
Loveability shows you how to feel love-able. Holden explains that loving yourself is not purely about self-acceptance but understanding that you are love, love is your nature. Self-love is about identifying yourself with love. Anyone who has read self-help books or stuck their nose into a course in miracles might be aware of the idea that we have two sides of ourselves: the ego and our loving divine self. I have always been fully behind this in my head, but also I had confliction about it. How can I love humanity with all of the terrible things humans do, therefore as a human, how can I love myself when I know I have that nature in me too? I listened to the audio of Loveability whilst on a few long car journeys. I like Robert's voice and there is a feeling in how he speaks that he is talking just to you. I caught myself answering a few times, but don't tell anyone! About three days after finishing the audio book, about 3.30am I woke up and something had clicked. I can't even put it into words all I can tell you is my understanding of what it is to be loveable and to love others, moved from a head based concept and into my heart. Days have passed now and I keep checking in with myself, and no I'm still not sweating the small stuff, and no I am not nagging myself, I am more in the moment. Holden has put into words something I now see to be un-wordable (If he can make up words so can I) . This book opens you into a personal inquiry which just might be the final dot you were looking for in the picture of your own loveablity it was for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magical Dicovery, 19 Mar 2013
This book came into my life at the perfect time, as the greatest books seem to do. In two very different relationships that I was in at this time Loveability had the simplest and best guidance for me. I'm absolutely certain that it allowed me to deal with these people in love and when the fear did arise, to notice it, see it for what it really was and turn back to love for the answers. In a major period of my life Loveability provided crucial understanding. At times it was like Robert Holden was standing by my side guiding me with quotes and important advice. For that I extent my heartfelt gratitude and commend this book to everyone. Love is the answer after all! Thank you Robert x

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - A truly life-changing book!, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
There are few books that I read (and I read a lot!) which cause me to have real WOW, light bulb moments throughout, but this is one of them. It's so good that I immediately bought copies for my friends - everyone who wants to learn the truth about Love, for themselves and others, should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Classic., 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
Occasionally a book has "Classic" written all over it.
Loveability is one of those books.
For those who are familiar with the work of this joyous author you will I`m sure feel totally blessed to have discovered his profound teachings.
Robert has made it his lifes work to ingulf himself in discovering the true meaning of love.
This book sits alongside that of "Ram Dass" Be Love Now as a truly inspirational read.
For those not familiar with Roberts` wise enquiry into love, be prepared to take your present understandings to a whole new level.
This review is select in its summing up because to do so would spoil the journey that the author shares with you.
Let this truly beautiful piece of work accompany you on a unique literay adventure into the heart of loveability.
Enjoy the ride of a life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved lovability, 16 Jun 2013
I bought it on kindle for my holiday, but will buy the book now too.
....and one more for my Sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
I couldn't put the book down.
Everything made total sense. I learn't a lot. Love really does make the world go around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved (Paperback)
This is one of the most important books I've ever read. I've been carrying it with me everywhere and I'm reading it for the third time (and I know that won't be the last!)

So much has fallen into place for me perhaps because I was willing to be open to it. It came into my life at exactly the right time and I had a huge insight about how difficult we can make it for others to love us when we don't feel loveable ourselves. Doh!

I found it extremely easy to read and understand and I loved the exercises, particularly the 100 breaths, which I have now incorporated into my daily self-care practice. This in turn has helped me enormously with a tricky work situation and, as I've experienced a difference in myself, I've also seen a difference in the quality of the contact I have with others.

Thank you, Robert Holden, for continuing to write and teach about human-kind-ness - the stuff that connects us all, the stuff that some may find uncomfortable and challenging to allow in but is, nevertheless, the stuff of life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 2 Jun 2014
Em B (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was looking forward to reading this book, as this is an area that I have particular interest in - learning to love yourself and others. It is very good in parts, with anecdotes from his life illustrating what loving yourself looks like and means - one example is of a physically unattractive, overweight and unfashionable young teenaged boy who mystified the young Robert Holden with his ability to attract and go out with the most popular and prettiest girls in the school. The boy simply said one day that he loved himself and that's why he was so successful with people. There are other stories from his life and practice as a psychologist, and also many references to other works that have influenced his work, and which may compel the reader to explore further.

However, I was left feeling disappointed as I was looking more for a 'how to' rather than what loving yourself and others means, and though Robert touches on aspects of his Loveability workshop, with a few exercises, I was left with the impression that this is an introduction to that workshop, so that if you want more you have to take part, and that this book is by no means an alternative, personal course you can do on your own.

For what is is, a rather long, detailed and rather repetitive introduction in what love means it is ok. But if you are looking for something transformative and powerful, and a guide that can help you find a way to accepting and loving yourself on a deep, vibrational level, may I suggest I Am The Word, chanelled by Paul Selig. For me this is truly life-changing work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 10 Sep 2013
This is the fourth book I have read written by Robert Holden. They have all been amazing so touching and effective but Loveability is the stand out book for me. I literally could feel myself reaquinting myself with love reading this book. I recommended this treasure to a good friend who bought this and will of this book to anyone who will listening. Thank you Robert for helping me open my mind, soul and heart to LOVE.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved by Robert Holden (Paperback - 4 Mar 2013)
7.69