5.0 out of 5 stars From a veteran's perspective
Many vets will tell you that if you have never seen war, you couldn't possibly understand it and, therefore, you have no right to speak about it. Before I joined the US Marine Corps, I never questioned these silencing tactics. But now, as a veteran of the occupation of Iraq, it is very clear to me that the men on the front lines do not possess any sort of special...
Published 14 months ago by RossCaputi

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's just avoid the politics why not?
I saw all the commotion surrounding this book, having worked with 13 Reg as a Medic, and I just had to read it. I felt that, beyond all the obnoxious comments, I wanted to hear what Joe has to say.
I felt that the book was well written and well-edited. Joe clearly enjoys writing and puts his point across with enthusiasm. It did keep me wanting to read on, and keep...
Published 13 months ago by Meatball51

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Soldier Box: Why I Won't Return to the War on Terror (Paperback)
Well well well.
Where does one begin? How about the truth?
Our ultimate warrior begins his illustrious career in the Army as a glorified Tesco worker. From stacking blankets to
unloading stores, I doubt Joe has never ever set foot outside of KAF.
This man basically didn't want to come home from backpacking around SE Asia. He then says he had PTSD. PTSD from a blanket stacker
who send his laundry forward due to the fact he was so far behind the "line".
PTSD is a serious illness, I remember seeing an article about himself in the GUardian - last year. No mention of PTSD.
Before the Joe Brigade turns up - I have served and I would offer words of caution to anyone who buys this book. It is a work of fiction.

Now you are writing on the Guardian saying " The British foreign policy is to blame for the soldier's death" - that's right Joe. A young man who
is hacked to death in London is the fault of British policy abroad, even though the delightful gentleman who hacked someone to death ( at least one) was English with NIgerian parents - so nothing to do with Iraq and Afghanistan.

A poor book written by someone who has no moral fibre. I noticed you missed out drug testing and backpacking across SE Asia.

Avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars cant read this anymore......, 21 May 2013
I really can't believe this book is allowed to be sold, being ex RLC I'm so angry this this idiot, he never left kaf, has lied all the way though the book. You should be locked up and the key thrown away you little toe rag..... The hard work the lads do is being made a sham by a nobody. You make me sick looking at your fat face, go back to oz take your drugs and drink your self away you moron.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting!, 18 May 2013
M. Hicking (Manchester) - See all my reviews
As a serving soldier, I am appalled at even the thought of a book like this being published. Wouldn't even wipe my ass with the pages!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Turd, 18 May 2013
Absolute garbage, buy this only if you've ran out of S*** role or firewood. Utter vomit. He should be strung up for treason, a coward of the highest order

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete and utter coward!, 20 May 2013
I'm surprised this coward managed to get a book deal! Words actually fail me at the level of cowadace portrayed by this man if he didnt want to go to war then your in the wrong job why join second to that he was a rlc driver based in KAF he may as well have been back in the uk driving around Salisbury pain!
I could write a long winded response to this book but that's already been to so ill put it simplify this book is a load of crap and the author is a pussy! And a coward

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 May 2013
Regardless of whether you see this mans actions as heroic or cowardly doesn't change the fact that this man is a fraudster.
The anti-war brigade should be offended more than most as this book is clearly aimed at deceiving them. Proof perhaps that we will read anything as long as it follows what we already believe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Detritus, 18 May 2013
This book is utter detritus. Not only is it being ridiculed by those who have explained exactly what the 'combat role' Glenton played was, he himself recalls a peaceful by all standards experience. To come home with PTSD from that, its utterly ridiculous. Fame snatching, lying phoney.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO HONOUR NO PRIDE, 20 May 2013
Reading the reviews of true soldiers is enough for me to say that this book is not worth buying. Real soldiers wouldn't lie about war.

Soldier Box: Why I Won't Return to the War on Terror
Soldier Box: Why I Won't Return to the War on Terror by Joe Glenton (Paperback - 15 May 2013)
9.09