5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
This is the most logically arranged, practical and clearly set out book I have ever seen dealing with a computer subject. It is designed to be easily understood, is nicely priced and is an example of how such books should be written. Furthermore, it is fun, and full of very useful tips. Very strongly recommended.
Published 11 months ago by Sir William W. Mahon

2.0 out of 5 stars Print too small, too weak made worse by coloured background
I bought this on the basis five people had given it the full five stars each. I am hugely disappointed with it.
The print is of a very small font, very weak, sometimes white against a background, mostly otherwise, against a coloured background. I am not as impressed as the author with the work of the editors who allowed this to leave their publishing house. The...
Published 9 months ago by S. Quinn

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 July 2013
Sir William W. Mahon (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Create Your Own Website Using WordPress in a Weekend (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars It got me from place of total ignorance to a fully blown website, 9 Nov 2013
I didn't like the idea of spending about 800 to get a fairly basic website launched and still not be in control of editing my content, so I did some very quick research on building my own website and came across wordpress. I then came across this book on amazon and after checking the reviews thought it had to be worth a go. The book assumes you are coming from a place of no knowledge which was exactly me, and although I didn't create my website over a weekend, within a week my site was created and working and in a state where I could share it with customers. Check it out at intandum.co.uk. The total cost of creating my website, aside from the 30 hours I put into it, was the cost of the book (13), the domain names (10), the hosting (36 per annum) and a plugin to stop spam (36). So for less than 100 I have a website that is totally fit for purpose and which I can update the content. This book is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!, 28 July 2013
It covers every bit of information that you may need in simple words. From domain names and hosting to themes and plugins. This book is so helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 July 2013
Mr. M. Lebor - See all my reviews
It is one of the more expensive books but I can see why. It looks beautiful and is extremely easy to follow. Previously I tried to make my own website just using the Word Press guidelines and it was tortuous and technical... This book breaks the process down into digestible pieces and made it possible for me (a technophobe) to achieve incredible results all on my own.

The only thing that will stop you from making a website in a weekend is deciding on a theme that is right for you... but this book helps you do that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 26 Aug 2013
Made things incredibly easy without patronising. Gives a range of options for different sites and opened up a whole new world for me with great tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and easy to follow, 30 Aug 2013
For someone like me who is new to creating a website this is a godsend. Clear instructions and so beautifully designed and easy to follow, it has made the whole process much easier than I could have imagined. The information on e commerce and business are particularly useful to me with everything explained clearly and methodically. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, attractive, well written, 7 Nov 2013
This is a genuinely helpful and easy to use guide written by someone who understands visuals and values aesthetics - rare in the world of tech guides. I pulled together a professional looking blog site in a day and now want to go on to a more functional full website.
Particularly good for creatives or anyone who cares about visual aspects of the website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 20 Oct 2013
DSL (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book a few weeks ago when I decided to build my own website for my new business. It was too expensive to get a developer to do it for me.

I am reasonably computer literate, but brand new to websites. The book is very logical and starts from the very beginning with how to get your domain name and select a host for your website, all the way to getting my website written and getting Google to find it. It is now up and running.....

I would recommend the book to anyone wanting to write their own website. Whenever I got stuck the book helped me out. I found the most difficult bit was linking the domain name to the web host, but the book provided me with the information so I knew what to ask my web host so we could sort the problem.

The world have moved on a bit in the short time since the book was written, and some of the instructions are not quite the same now, but near enough so I could work it out.

I will take you a bit more than a weekend, but not very long.

Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for even the novice like me, 28 Jan 2014
I was told I needed to migrate my site to Wordpress. I paid someone in the USA and they ended up scamming me for my money. I left it in the too hard basket for six months. I then saw this book and I bought it straight away: it looked good, read easily and made the Wordpress migration task appear simple. And it was. For sure I had some stumbling blocks but with the help of this book and the support of my hoster, these we quickly resolved. I had tried to use Wordpress before reading this book and it seemed impossible to navigate. With this book in your hands it's easy. Very easy. Thanks to Alannah for developing an absolutely essential resource for the novice like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars step by step inspiration, 18 Sep 2013
This book makes a subject I have always been daunted by feel much more manageable. It promotes a 'can do' step by step approach to creating your website and inspires confidence and creativity. Something which I hadn't expected this book to do is help me plan my business, it is like having a fresh pair of eyes through which to view your plans.

Create Your Own Website Using WordPress in a Weekend
Create Your Own Website Using WordPress in a Weekend by Alannah Moore (Paperback - 30 Jun 2013)
10.49