Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Canon EOS 6D (Expanded Guide)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£13.48+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 20 August 2014
A very clearly written little guide, and unlike a previous reviewer who found the fact that it covered things other than the 6D itself (lenses, speedlite use, macro photography etc) a negative, I found this very useful, the 6D can be just the hub of and 'ecosystem' of products, both Canon and other.

Unlike a Canon's own (monochrome) guide, this actually talks about the real world where other manufacturers exist, and compares their offerings, so another plus.

Its also all in English, so again all useful as opposed the multi lingual things that often comes with the camera that is at best ⅓ useful unless you want to practice your technical Italian mid shoot.

Full colour and clearly written. A few missed opportunities, for example when talking about the inbuilt ability to correct lens aberrations, I learned something new, it doesn't function with RAW files, Interesting. However, the full page picture opposite, rather than showing something useful like a 'with and without' in-camera aberration correction for comparison instead shows a lovely lake with foreground stones at sunset captioned "A 'classic' wide angle composition with a dominant foreground' - absolutely nothing to do with lens aberration, no info even on camera settings - I bet that was the picture editor's choice and not the author,

Oddly the picture on the rear of the guide is not of the back of the 6D - it is a Canon camera, but certainly not the 6d, oops.

Fortunately they did take care with the text - and the vast majority of the images to be fair.

It will definitely get packed along with the camera on my next trip.
on 9 October 2013
Too much of the book concerned accessories for which I did not purchase the book. EG, flash, lens, filters and general shooting techniques. I bought the book to give me extra knowledge about the camera 6D.
I did not feel that the book was worth the money as most of the information about the camera is covered in the booklet supplied
on 10 November 2013
It is a very small book, a lot smaller than I expected. In saying that it is packed with information, and I keep it the bag with me, and is a constant reference, when out shooting. Well written and I found the flash content illuminating. See if your local Librrary has it in and try before you buy.