You may not like this book because it will tell you things you do not necessarily want to hear. Truth hurts. However, if you are ready to feel outside your comfort zone and actually start making things happen, read this book as it is honest and to the point.

Published 18 months ago by Champ

2.0 out of 5 stars simplistic
Do you need to be told any of these - from some of the brief chapters:
stay fit
have money
let go of the past
stay away from negative people
rest
be persistent
be optimistic
dream big
don't try to be perfect

While there are a few good tips here, they are far too simplistic to really work long-term and none appear to...
Published 14 months ago by D&D

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward guide on what areas to work on in order to improve your life, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: From Good to Amazing - No Bullshit Tips for the Life You Always Wanted (Paperback)

In our busy lives, we often quickly forget lessons that add to our personal development, whereas you can certainly come back to to this book to get inspiration for the implementation of your goals and/or ideas.

I read this book on one breath and felt I was addressed by a friend with a "tough love" attitude. I highly recommend "From Good To Amazing" to any ambitious individual that takes his/her personal growth seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased ..in E11, 31 Aug. 2013
I found myself so engrossed in it that I missed my train yesterday.

It was a powerful and engaging experience for folk just like you and me , who would like to be better individuals but do indeed sometimes need a swift proverbial motivational kick in the posterior , to shock us just enough to get us up and running ,leaving behind our comfort zones

Most striking for me was how well and concisely it has been written, in clear cut B.S. free zone language

The layout is uber user friendly ; short rapid fire high value bite sized chapters

So if I like me you happen to have several books on the go.. you can easily dip in and out of it with ease, almost immediately connecting and engaging with where you left off.

At the very least do please read pages 3-8-10-15-29-30.

They contain the 20% cream of the content that gave me 80 % of the inspirational motivational energy and confidence I needed, to leave my comfort zones ; to seize the day ;to 'Ins-POWER' my future .

@ Feeling Fabulous

Wishing Well

A.Anthony (Tony) FERNANDES

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick it up and become a better you, 31 Aug. 2013
The manner in which the book is written is so direct I feel as though Michael is personally coaching me as I read. The anecdotes and stories complementing the topics had me in stitches! There are some absolute gems like the 'one minute rule' which is such a simple and powerful tool that learning to utilise it alone makes buying the book worth the money.
The content layout gives the reader the option to either go from cover to cover or to drop in and out of the many and various topic chapters making the book instantly accessible and saving me valuable time. If what you want is a book with simple, straightforward and useful advice, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and essential reading, 30 Aug. 2013
Follow what Serwa says, and there's no doubt you'll be up there at Amazing.

I found the simple, to-the-point approach is exactly what's needed - can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you read one self-help book this year, read this, 31 Aug. 2013
This book is written in an easily digestible format with 66 topics (valuable gems!) that you can read and implement, in any order. The author has used examples from his experiences, which made it easier for me identify with some of the situations discussed. I think anyone and everyone can learn something from this book, to aid growth, because of its wide range of topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, entertaining and above all inspiring, 12 Oct. 2013
Michael Serwa has written a very concise, down-to-earth guide packed with helpful, actionable tips. Quick and easy to read due to its brief chapters, straightforward language and liberal doses of humour, it lends itself perfectly to either reading it from cover to cover or just dipping into specific chapters for a quick reminder. There's a lot of common sense here and you'll probably find that deep down you already know most of it - what this book does well is to remind you of these truths in simple terms and remove any excuses!

Great to see a self help book pitched at the right level - of course it takes its message seriously, but not so seriously that it becomes preachy and a chore to plough through! Well done Michael.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a good summary of all the best self-help books with a personal touch, 6 Mar. 2014
I got this book free of charge when I screamed "me, me, me" at a KPI event where Michael Serwa was speaking. If I am totally honest, I found/find Michael lacking in humility - that is, he is a little pompous a.k.a. cock-sure so I wasn't sure if I would like the book.

Yes, the tone does go from confident to cocky at times but I think there were tiny glimpses of humility in his writing. I think the bravado is definitely a front.

The book is a good and brief summary of a lot of self-help books. I read it in a couple of hours at a cafe. Even if you have read a tonne of literature you would still enjoy this book because it's Michael's own take on things. He says he hates writing but I think he writes rather well.

These were my favourite bits from the book:

Pg. 39: I like what Zig Ziglar said: "Money isn't the most important thing, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the (gotta have it) scale".

Pg. 43: I remember mentally high fiving the Universe after seeing the size of that guy when I opened the door for him. I love that analogy of mentally high fiving the universe! I do it all the time but have never thought about it like that. I am totally going to start using the phrase.

Pg. 46: I like what Wayne Dyer said: "Friends are God's way of apologising for your family."

Pg. 60: The world belongs to people who are proactive. This is so true and people need to meditate on this phrase.

Pg. 62: The bamboo tree takes five years of watering before it shows anything above the ground at all. Five years! But when it starts to grow, it grows up 20 metres in one year. Many things in life are just like this tree. How freaking awesome is that analogy. I wonder if Michael thought of it himself, lol.

Pg. 82: ...out of all the things that can sell us short image is the easiest one to fix. True, very true!

Pg. 121: The power of imagination is huge.

When Michael talked about taking stock of all the things you appreciate at the end of the day, I thought about how I appreciate the fact that I can just take an afternoon off to read a book (or even do nothing) whenever I want. Then I thought about how I appreciate my husband and my immediate family so incredibly much.

In summary, cocky or not, Michael is a smart and well-grounded guy. I like his style. Get his book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short & Punchy, 12 Feb. 2014
I was initially drawn to read Michael's book because two of the ideas he suggests i.e. getting rid of your TV and not watching the news are two things to which I subscribe. I'd also add in, don't buy/read newspapers! In addition, I like a no nonsense type of approach and this is encapsulated in chapter headings such as: "Stop Talking, Start Doing" and "Stop Making Excuses." The book is a series of very short, punchy chapters and while you may find that you have heard many of the ideas and suggestions before in other self-development titles, the way Michael has put the book together ties them all in rather well. You could also use the list of contents as a quick daily reminder or point of focus. I certainly would recommend it as a beginner's guide to self-development, after which you may want to delve more deeply into some of the suggestions. Having said that, do you need to? Stop Reading, Start Doing!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Coaching Guidebook, 26 Nov. 2013
I've not met Michael, but I've read his book: `From GOOD to AMAZING...' This is the best book I've read of this kind. Michael speaks plainly, in simple words, and he does not `beat around the bush'. His `no nonsense approach' is direct, striking and simply amazing. When I picked up the book to read I simply couldn't put it down. In just a few words he says so much, and every word is loaded with experience and value.
Michael means what he says and I feel he really delivers excellent value to his clients. What he offers is very rare. He is willing to tell you what others won't or cannot. He is willing to stretch out to show you where exactly you are blocked, and further he provides you the help you need for implementing a plan to overcome it.
Where do you get such coaching? Yes, there are many people out there who make loud claims, but deliver little value. However, Michael has impressed me as someone who is modest, but will deliver more than you expect. If you want to invest in yourself, perhaps signing up with Michael will be the best investment you've made.
Reviewed in November 2013 by Dr. Prashant S. Shah

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 22 Sept. 2013
Simplicity is elegance. This book may be short but it definitely packs some punches. The book contains some fantastic ideas and concepts, explained in a very simple and easy to digest manner. The examples and anecdotes included in the book are also very helpful and, in some instances, highly entertaining. Even if you applied a handful of the concepts in the book your life would go from good to amazing!

From Good to Amazing - No Bullshit Tips for the Life You Always Wanted