5.0 out of 5 stars THE best Star Wars book
My fascination with the Star Wars series has always been with the craft and skill with which it was made, so I have devoured the various "making of", ""Art of" and "Chronicles" books that have been published over the last 30 years or so. None of these prepare you for this mighty volume. It really is an awesome achievement and offers so much for it's relatively tiny...
Published on 5 July 2007 by Rob Prior

1.0 out of 5 stars No extra content on android!!!
There is a whole bunch of this not available to those that have android. I felt extremely let down and cheated by the publishers as a result.
Published 10 months ago by Miss Samantha Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 18 Jan 2014
Ignacio Monge Garcia (Jerez, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film (Hardcover)
I love this book. There is love in all its pages. It's made with care and love for the SW fan. Every page is a discover. Much better than I was expecting to find. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover the legend of star wars through your kindle fire/hd !!!, 5 Jan 2014
I've only 'flicked' through the making of star wars which I purchased through Amazon as a kindle download, and I'm very happy with it, alot cheaper than the hardbook plus more photos and a added bonus of video and audio segments it's a truly amazing trip through the history of this ground-breaking film, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy christmas, 2 Jan 2014
Bought this for my son as a Christmas present, he has read it already and said it was a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved it, 28 Nov 2013
The book has quite big, heavy and robust. The image quality is great and the content is well thought. I would recommend this to any Star Wars fan, it is quite wonderful do learn about the movie making story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Nov 2013
Bought this book as a birthday present for my husband who is great fan of anything to do with Star Wars. He loved it and so did the rest of the family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Jun 2011
This is a book I have been meaning to read for ages. it took me back to the first few viewings of this great film. The nitty gritty of the process was interesting but its probably only real fans will be interested in. the film was nearly cancelled on so many occasions. well worth a read if you are a fan

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Star Wars fans, 16 Mar 2011
I consider myself lucky enough to have been around when this movie was released, although I didn't see the movie until almost a year after it's original US release (May 1977), owing to the then time lag beteen the release of a movie in the US/Canada and UK. I remember the exeprince like it was yesterday; Monday 31 January 1978 at the Odeon Film Centre in Glasgow, Scotland. A school day, but as luck (or fate) would have it, the schools heating system broke down and half my year travelled en masse on that very cold January morning to catch the first showing of this now cinematic milestone. This book brought it all back and I'd highly recommend it to fans of the original movie. Superbly illustrated and with many never before seen photographs this truely is the definitive "Making Of" and I'd order it while you can. Note that it's no longer available in this format on the high street having been replaced with a much smaller heavily edited paperback version. Having seen both, this hardcover version is the only way to go. Incidentally 2010's "The Making of the Empire Strikes Back" is also superb and I'd also highly recommend. Five stars and worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative read!, 6 Jan 2011
Very good well set out book into the difficulties of making the starwars film from concept to release, uses a few film terms im not aware of but that doesnt detract from the overall book. Some good pics of cast and crew but there could have been more used perhaps? A must for any starwars addict like myself!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Dec 2010
Bought this item for my Star Wars obssessed boyfriend for christmas.
Having flicked through the book when it arrived, it seems packed full of insights into Star Wars & some great pictures of the cast & crew.
I'm sure my boyfriend will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR WARS!, 17 May 2007
For one of the first times I can remember I was unable to get this book from Amazon. Whether this was due to the number of orders or low numbers of books ordered I do not know. However, having received the book from another source all I can say is this book is fantastic!

I was 10 years old when Star Wars was released. Reading this book transports you back to the early 70's and traces the development of the script through to the release of the film.

I was expecting the book to have the feel of being pieced together from the bits of info gleaned from the Lucasfilm archives but this is not the case at all.

This book is written withthe freshness of the Prequel trilogy "making of books". It really feels as if the film was only recently made. Whilst the making of the prequel trilogy had its own trials and tribulations this does not compare to what happened behind the scenes to get one of the most important and influencial films onto the big screen.

What Lucas endured clarifies why he waited 20 years to get behind a camera again.

There are wonderul pictures, facinating insights into the actors (what they were paid, the differing versions of the script, other actors who were in the running for leading roles, Peter Cushing grieving over the recent death of his wife, Sir Alec Guinness getting a bit tipsy at his farewell party.

I have not finished the book yet, but as a lifelong fan of this series of movies I had to get this down on paper.

All Star Wars fans please buy! Any film buffs will also enjoy this!!

May the force be with you!!!

Thanks Mr Rinzler for finding the material for this book. It really is a worthy publication to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film