5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Positive Insights to Better Putting
Published 19 months ago by R Bicker

I think that reading this book helps a little towards better putting.
Published 1 month ago by Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Positive Insights to Better Putting, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Silent Mind Putting: How To Putt Like You Never Miss (Hardcover)
I read Silent Mind Golf two years ago I really liked the fact it was simple in its approach and gave practical drills to improve my mental conditioning. My handicap went from 17 to 12. My tee to green game improved but putting remained my weak spot. I bought this book as soon as it came out and was not disappointed. Robin Sieger has a very easy way of writing that makes the mental game accessible, this book is full of great reflections tips and suggestions. I took a lot away from this book, the two main lessons I took to heart were not to think of myself as a 'bad putter', as that negative image becomes my expectation, the second lesson is to expect to make putts (under 12 feet) and be surprised when they miss, rather than expect to miss them and be surprised when they drop. I also like the fact that there is no need to highlight text in the book, as all the key learning point are in bold. I expect to shave more shots of my handicap this year. A very helpful guide I will revisit.

4.0 out of 5 stars This sequence actually sticks, 1 Sep 2013
My first inclination was to say that this book was too similar to 'Silent Mind Golf' - although that was certainly excellent. However, I have to admit that Seger's little sequence works better for putting than for the full swing. I didn't like the words he uses to remember this sequence (I chose my own) but a couple of months on, I find myself using them to get focussed and ready to putt. It's no coincidence that my putting confidence has increased and average putts per hole deceased - significantly! Can't remember too much detail about the book, but the main theme has certainly helped - I've no idea how long it will last, but so far so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 9 April 2013
S. FENNY (UK) - See all my reviews
Silent Mind Putting is the third in a trilogy of golf books by Sieger and I would highly recommend all three. Mr Sieger writes with an easy style that is eminently readable and very easy to understand and put into practise. This is only a relatively short book (140 pages) but it gets to the heart of the matter without labouring any points. Certainly as good as Rotella.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective advice..., 23 May 2013
Robin Sieger writes as he might talk to you; so a coaching book like this works really well in this way. I found the tips he gives logical and I guess 'obvious', which makes it even easier to follow and using his advice my next few rounds improved and I certainly feel more confident in my putting. I like the style of this book, it is set out well and broken into useful 'bite-sized' areas of advice and guidance. Certainly seems to be working for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Sieger - Silent Mind Putting, 14 April 2013
I am a 2.9 handicapper and work hard at all aspects of my game and am always looking for books to help me progress. Being aware of how much our minds affect our performance I purchased Robin's book. I read the first 26 pages and everything I read made sense and I just had to put it into practice. The same day I went to my course (Earth Course in Dubai) and even though light was fading fast I played the first four holes.

Rather than put pressure on myself, I just approached the holes with positive language and it was indeed on the putting green I was astonished. On the first hole I faced a 10ft putt for par and using the guidance from Robin's book (pages 26 especially), I stood over my putt with a positive confidence not worrying about technique or consequence but expecting to hole the putt. A last relaxing breath and I waited to hear the ball the drop and it did!

The par 5 second hole was reached in regulation and with 2 putts my par. On the par 4 3rd I was left with a tricky 35ft putt for birdie and completely misread the putt and had a 15ft putt for par. Again, with the positive self talk Robin encourages, and a relaxed breath I stroked the putt and just knew it was going in - another par. On the par 3 4th I had two putts for par from a downhill position and indeed made par. I wish there had been more light to continue to play.

I have never made par on the first four holes of earth and indeed am certain reading the first 26 pages of Robin's book helped me a great deal. I am working my way through the rest of the book and have been able to apply what I am learning to other parts of my game. The great thing about reading Robin's book is it makes you want to go out and play and try the things he recommends as it makes sense - which is exciting and fun which in turn makes you the golfer more relaxed yet focussed on your game which will help you a great deal.

A great book, well thought out and well written. I would recommend this book to any golfer wishing to improve.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... think that reading this book helps a little towards better putting., 18 Oct 2014
I think that reading this book helps a little towards better putting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Oct 2014
Excellent book, I enjoyed the read and the lessons learned from it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Nov 2014
Good if you can put in the practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
Very helpful advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, inspiring and empowering book, 14 July 2014
Ms. Roisin O. Farrington (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have read this book a lot of times. Its fantastic. I am no golf player however a lot of the ideas can be used for anything. We had secondary infertility for 4 years but I really feel that it was overcome with a lot of the ideas in the book.

Silent Mind Putting: How To Putt Like You Never Miss
Silent Mind Putting: How To Putt Like You Never Miss by Robin Sieger (Hardcover - 16 May 2013)