on 29 January 2014
I enjoyed 'Inferno' as a fast-paced read and purchased this book to help fill in the background of some of the details and history that Dan Brown often leaves out. It certainly does that but if you were expecting an easy read (like the book it is decoding) you may be disappointed. It is packed with detail (probably a bit more than I needed - I now feel like I have been revising for an exam on the life and times of Dante) and certainly covers all of the background to the novel - just be prepared for more of a text-book style than a novel!
on 5 December 2013
Reading the book has made me want to visit Florence and Venice next year and take an Inferno guided tour around all the sites mentioned in the book. But there is so much more in the book, it also gives a real insight into the life of Dante.
on 15 February 2014
if you have a good brain and memory you'll probably will enjoy it. I didn't, because for me is far too complicated and, mind you, in my youth I studied the Dante Alighieri "Divina Commedia" so I should have a good advantage.
on 13 July 2015
Interesting book. The pictures help too.
on 11 August 2014