Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 February 2014
I have bought a few cook books in my time but have always found them to be a little over complicated and they tend use ingredients and techniques which are beyond me at this point. Calso cooks bridges that gap with its simple layout and instructions. It is also a great read, and I love the fact the author lets us into his life with little snipets of his childhood and how he started his love affair with good wholesome food. Truley inspirational and gives confidence to an every day man like myself that you don't need formal training to impress your friends with good food at a dinner party.
I'm really looking forward to working my way up to the more complicated recipes in the book and building on my existing skills. I already feel more confident in the kitchen and have food myself paying more attention to the types and quality of food I am eating. All in all this is a great book which won't get the chance to collect dust like some of my other cook books.
I will be buying any future publication by this author, and you should to.
on 31 January 2014
This is one of the best cookbooks I have bought in a long while. Simple no fuss recipes using fresh healthy ingredients. Perfect recipes which just give that extra 'bite' to home cooking. I have tried a couple of the recipes already and will use many more. Paul Callaghan has a genuine voice which comes through in the text and the photos are really mothwatering!!
on 30 January 2014
This is the first cook book by Paul Callaghan, but you would think he had been doing it for years! Very very professional. Easy to find your way round the book and thankfully with photos of each dish, so you can see what you are aiming for. Love the little stories too about his Dad and why this is a healthy recipe etc. Highly recommend.
on 27 January 2014
This has to be one of the best cookbooks I have ever purchased. The recipes are very well explained with a photograph for each dish. Highly recommend if you want a 'good' cookbook you go for this one!
on 6 February 2014
Easy to follow and use every day -ingredients used,available in every day stores. Look forward to trying something different for my dinner guests this weekend.