Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 December 2014
This series gets better and better. The characters grow and mature and learn hard lessons. The plot twists and turns and achieves depth, humour and tragedy. I often skip through books when I get bored but there was not a word of this book that I did not read and relish. Enjoyable from beginning to end. Loved Presit.
on 24 April 2014
I have been waiting for this book ever since I read book 1 (yes I read the blurbs for the rest of the books, I am too curious). Anyway, great premise so I waited.

It's starts with Torin getting ready for battle and then bam! (it takes a while for the bam but bear with me). So bam! Torin wakes up in a tunnel, she is now a POW. All while Craig refuses to believe she died in battle and tries to find her.

That was the premise I was interesting in. Torin in a POW camp, and not any POW camp. A weird underground jail where they do not know who put them there in the first place. And Torin wants out, and nothing stops Torin cos she is a kick-ass marine who never gives up.

I was also curious about the war thing as I started to wonder about things (just like Torin), like why they are even fighting. No one knows. And we do learn a few things about the whole war.

Conclusion:
This book does not have as much action as previous book, it's more of an adventure of sorts and I liked it. Still fast and furious.
on 13 September 2012
Gunnery Sergeant Torin Kerr is missing in action presumed dead, her entire company seemingly blasted into the ground so thoroughly all that remains is glassed earth. Her paramour, civilian salvage operator Craig Ryder and her family don't believe it for one second. Rodent reporter Presit smells a big story and encourages an investigation.
The fourth installment in the military sci-fi series is a little bit different from previous outings. The ongoing plastic aliens plot begun on the Big Yellow expedition moves on quite a leap setting up the series for the next and perhaps final book. Barring the opening there's a severe dearth of ammo, guns and things that go boom for a start. I guess it gives us more space and opportunity to explore the characters behind the ordnance but on the other hand it also lets Torin do a bit more hand to hand in her expertise of the fine art of kick-ass. So less firepower but more Krai eating jokes, more di"Taykan amour, more Katrin syntax, more godesslike gunnery sergeant.
The latest outing for Torin Kerr and a title that delivered what I was expecting, hardcore action, top notch dialogue and of course a story arc that keeps on giving for the overall world. It’s a title that as usual with Tanya, is well written, has great prose and of course with Tanya’s identifiable writing style will keep you going from start to finish,. If you’re looking for a new Sci-Fi series with a great characters to keep you going over the Christmas period, then this is definitely the one for you.
on 22 June 2014
Excellent condition very happy exactly as described next in the series great story and characters well written would defiantly recommend
on 26 May 2016
Excellent as always, wish she'd continue the series
on 11 January 2015
I love these books!
on 4 April 2009
Loved it. It's on the 'read again later' shelf. Tanya both intrigues and frightens me, being an elder male I should have no worries but, a vivid imagination (no match on hers of course) makes me wonder how one would fare meeting a Valor type. I have a vision of bones being spat out!
on 10 October 2015
Great read
on 28 June 2009
A good, what seems to be and end to the series picking up all of the loose pieces and delivering the end answers.

She's still the same character in yet another harsh situation. I started to read this series after finishing the last legion of the damned by dietz and it fits in nicely. Another book to look in to if you like this is the deaths head series with sven lots of fun and no morals