Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2013
When I saw we were finally getting a proper Derrick Storm book (not a graphic novel or one of those e-thingys) I was delighted and read the book from cover to cover in one sitting. As a fan of the Castle TV show, I was initially perplexed at the dedication, but this made sense after seeing the Season 5 two parter. Anyway, the book (which is why we are here). Like the Nikki Heat books, it is such an easy read and that's not a bad thing. Sometimes you want a deep and meaningful, thought-provoking read... other times you want pure escapism and that is what 'Castle' delivers each and every time. The book is well written and Derrick Storm (who in my head is basically Nathan Fillion playing Malcolm Reynolds) is a very entertaining character, though perhaps not as engaging as Nikki Heat. There is a wonderful attention to detail in this book and it reads as an homage to pretty much very spy film/novel, but at the same time manages to stand up as a work in its right. Granted, some of it shameless; such as Storm's meeting with one of New York's finest ( I shall say no more, but I think we all saw it coming) Given the comedic nature of Castle, this book could easy have wound being slightly more in the direction of Austin Powers than James Bond, but thankfully this does not occur. Hopefully we will get more Derrick Storm books in the future, because I think Storm as a character has a little more mileage in him yet.
on 5 August 2013
...the world of high finance as incredibly rich hedge fund dealers start to bite the dust in simiLarly horrific ways. The uber-secret, under the radar but approved by the CIA Derrick Storm finds his old adversary Volkov is behind the deaths.Volkov, a loose cannon from the Cold War is attempting to destabalise the financial world and become the new Putin. Storm, allied with the Chinese, fights back in true breathtaking, death-defying fashion.The plot is actually very plausible,moving breathlessly from city to city, country to country.Car chases,shoot- outs and hostage rescue keeps the Storm moving at gale-force speed. Will Volkov survive to fight again? If so he will find Storm ready and waiting- and me ready to read another Derrick Storm classic
on 30 August 2013
Anyone who watches "Castle" on TV has heard of the "Storm" books, which were supposedly done from a comic book then made into a film. Whoever thought this scenario up is a genius. Books that are written, and printed for real, by a character, in the character's name from a TV programme is just short of amazing. 5 ***** for ingenuity.
on 3 August 2014
I never normally read books but after watching the castle tv series I decided to give this book a try and thought it was excellent thanks to this novel I have now ordered wild storme which I'm enjoying emesseley and have pre-ordered the ultimate storme
VINE VOICEon 7 December 2015
Pretty good for a book written by a fictional author.

Like most books, there's some minor errors, but this has one big one. Since when did any v12 jaguar have front wheel drive? The only car jaguar built with front wheel drive was the x-type, and most of those were 4-wheel drive.

But Castle is American, so what would he know about cars...

If you like the tv series, or secret agent films, you'll probably love this.
on 29 June 2013
All action story from Richard Castle - alleged best selling author currently with his own TV series (on Alibi in UK) - recreates his main character in this new Derrick Storm full length thriller. If you are a fan of Castle you will laugh out loud at the allusions to the Tv series, if not you can enjoy it anyway. As to who really wrote this - your guess is as good as mine - but Andrew W Marlowe creator of the Castle series is a hot favourite.
on 5 August 2013
A full length novel about Derrick Storm is a welcome diversion. What a good idea the Castle marketing team came up with. Nikki Heat novels, Derrick Storm novels. The story is what you would expect to be written by Richard Castle ... and it is action all the way. Story is not too bad and keeps the interest right to the end. I enjoyed it and will buy others as they become available.
on 30 July 2015
I am a great fan of Castle the series, this book does not disappoint, its a little heavy going at first, but within the first chapter its riveting reading, my only problem with good books is, I cannot put them down, so other things get neglected. I am just on with Derrick Storm book 2.
on 7 February 2016
I was quit surprised by this book after reading all the Nikki Heat books I thought I would give this a try and I am thoroughly enjoying it its a great read. It is a definite contrast to the Nikki Heat books but I would highly recommend it you will be surprised like I was
on 23 December 2015
I thought this book was very shallow. The characters were quite one dimensional, the plot totally unbelievable. It was rather like a really bad bond film. All sex and violence with no substance to hold it together. Quite boring really and I won't bother again..