5.0 out of 5 stars Angels of Vengeance
Read books one and two, and waited for book three. Well it was worth the wait. All of the story lines come together in a plot that holds you. Sadly there will be no book four.
Published 16 months ago by Greywolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Angels of Vengeance
Not the best post-apocalyptic novel I've read but certainly not the worst. The 'action' parts remind me of modern films - chases and explosions. Occasionally the author becomes immersed in his own vision of what such a world could be like when you'd prefer him to be getting on with the story.
By far the most original and interesting character is the Echelon agent...
Published 17 months ago by The Fiery Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels of Vengeance, 18 April 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Angels of Vengeance, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
By far the most original and interesting character is the Echelon agent Caitlin - would like to read more about her.

5.0 out of 5 stars greta read, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
Found the first in the series in a bookshop, and had to get the follow on books, great read. Only complaint is trying to remeber all the sub plots as the book does jump around a bit between charactors but well worth it!! i would recomend this series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value! brilliant author, 14 July 2014
Mr. A. J. Gooding "Ashley" (Manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
great value ! brilliant author ! what more could you ask for ?

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of padding, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
I confess I have not read the first two in the series, therefore take this review with a pinch of salt. I remarked to my wife that it was only after 530 pages that something started to happen. I suspect that JB has some sense of what goes into a good book and enjoys filling out characters and setting the background for a stand-alone book. This book is one of those that switch between relatively unrelated story lines. To care about the character, you need to have read the previous books - or at least I found it difficult to have much sympathy with any of the heroines.

There was not enough material for a book of this length. It should have been edited hard and a few more proper threads written in. A decent enough finale but way too late. I am unlikely to read any more of JB's books as there are others that I know I will like. I suspect he is better than this one but 530 pages is really too many.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a letdown, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
I was very disappointed in this last book of the trilogy. The first two - "Without Warning" and "After America" were much better. I found this one rather tedious. Birmingham repeatedly gets bogged down in page after page of descriptive writing that really adds nothing to the plot, and simply induces you to skip paragraphs, desperate to GET ON WITH THE STORY!! The number of times we have to endure descriptions of the devastation in America seems endless - and they're all pretty much the same. And the culinary contributions! I'm really not interested in the characters' choice of food whenever they take a meal. Who cares?

I also have to take issue with the super heroines portrayed here. Mr Birmingham obviously has a thing about dominant women. Alright up to a point, but his character Caitlin is simply beyond the
pale. A cross between Superwoman and Rambo, she would make old Jack Reacher shake in his shoes. I just don't buy it, and believe me, I'm no mysogynist. We follow the vengeance trail of three of these super heroines, all at the expence of what is really happening in this alternative version of the world, post "The Wave" and BOY is it a long trail.

The first two books were real page turners. This one is more of a chapter turner, and not in a good way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Last of Trilogy, 2 Aug 2013
Maybe, as last trilogy now has a 4th book
This seemed a little shallower than the previous 2
Setting the scene for a new character to have there own trilogy (or 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance (Paperback)
The only reason I haven't given it the 5 star treatment is that I wanted to give After America 5 stars and I think the 2nd book in the series is better, but then I am an action junky,
I'm probably not deep enough to follow the characterisation as well as it deserves so that me problem not the author's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels of Vengeance, 9 July 2013
All three book's are a very good read,the current series is fantastic story telling which I hope will continue.
David Averiss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flick read, 16 Oct 2013
This is what I call a flick read - story was good, but there were large sections where I could just scan the pages and it didn't interest me. So, flick onto the next section that has some relevance. A long book with only a few really interesting bits. Could have been shorter with less padding.

Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance
Without Warning - Angels of Vengeance by John Birmingham (Paperback - 22 Feb 2013)
5.59