Format: Hardcover|Change

on 31 May 2013
I HAVE SEEN NO OTHER PROGRAM SHOW SUCH DEDICATION TO THEIR FANS LIKE THIS

This is truly dedication. If you're not a book reader, this has plenty of images/physicals inside to keep you more than entertained.

Because of the nature of Fringe and the way it ended, you may have missed an episode, misunderstood a meaning or simply forgotten a character and their important role. This book reminds you with easy-to-understand lingo as well as seeing it from September's point of view.

There are never-seen-before pictures and a tad bit more detail here and there. You get so much in this book like the decryption of the apple, seahorse, frog, flower and hand. As well as posters of Etta, an empty letter, blueprints to the machine and even personal opinions of September. Another great feature is that you get a clear comparison of the characters as timelines and universes change, for example, I didn't notice the significant reduction of Walter's expression for food in the timeline without Peter.
There is A LOT more great content in this book and it's physically strong.

ONLY DOWNSIDE is that in the book, it failed to mention that MassiveDynamic have an official website. I feel not many people knew this and thought with all the little bits of detail they added, they could have included the websites for that multimedia and realistic effect. However this is just a SMALL/NEGOTIABLE downside (more of an improvement suggestion).

Everyone is credited accordingly and I see no reason why every Fringe fan hasn't bought one of these! Worth every £.

Sidenote: If you're one of those people who watch it online and dont really find yourself supporting the show, here is another reason to buy the book! #FightTheFuture
This is an incredible book for all fans of Fringe. I'm one, and I'm thrilled by it.

It's put together and presented in beautiful scrapbook style. Included are insets, removable items, posters. The book edges have navigation tabs coming out like those you case files you normally see on TV. Full marks for presentation.

In terms of content, this book is packed with an amazing amount of information and pictures.

The book covers in detail both the universes and the other timeline. You have Walter's history, stories about Peter's illness that leads to the crossing of the universe, Cortexiphan Trails, Massive Dynamic and their secret projects, Fringe division and all their agents and the cases they have worked on. That's just for the original universe.

In the later sections of the book, it looks at all the differences between the universes and timelines. So you have Walter(nate) and all the Fringe doubles from the alternate universe.

There's a lot to read. It's a good recap as the events are presented in more linear and hence clearer. You'll also get some insight because September's observations can be found in little blue notes all over the book. These are stuff you don't get from just watching the show, and there are many other nuggets of information.

The pictures are great, and there are loads of them. There are the strange symbols from the opening credits, photos of the past Observers caught on camera, characters, news articles, graphics from the other universe, props, the time machine, gory pictures from cases, and more!

It's a pretty comprehensive companion to the show.

Highly recommended.

All Fringe fans should have this book.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on 16 April 2013
I would recommend this book to any Fringe fan. I am enjoying spending my time reading it and the attention to detail the authors have gone to is amazing. It was well worth the wait! :)
on 14 April 2013
This book is larger than I expected it to be and rammed full of lots of information and pull outs. Looking through it brought back memories of episodes watched. I recommend this to any fan of what was an amazing tv show
on 9 April 2013
If you have followed Fringe,
you need to buy this!!!!!!!!
It's a masterpiece...a real treat for fans: not be able to take your eyes off !!!
on 11 July 2013
I loved Fringe and I love this companion Notebook. Thanks to all involved in putting it out - especially to Tara and Paul who have done a bang up job. Page after page of awesome, Frange-tastic material which will have you re-thinking, re-hypothesizing and gagging to re-watch this crazy, exciting, scary, unsettling, cerebral, hilarious, emotional roller-coaster of a TV show. The book really is a visual and tactile feast and will utterly satisfy your inner geek :-)

Note: the Notebook deliberately does not expand the mythology of the show so do not buy it if that's what you're after. Christa Faust is currently writing an authorised trilogy of prequel novels, so go and check them out if you want your Fringe broadened (so to speak).

If you want to know more about what went into the making of the book go and listen to the podcast with the authors over at thefringepodcast.com (it's Episode 528).

My only gripe is that I couldn't find a photo anywhere of September himself (other than a shot of his back at the Observers gather round the Statue of Liberty in the closing shot from Season 3) - I didn't go from page to page looking, so I might be wrong; it's just something which struck me after I'd read it. Surely the man himself should have appeared in his own notebook (if onely for Michael C's sake)? Perhaps in the episode-by-episode section right at the very end?
on 30 March 2014
I am currently working my way through the box set bought for me by my wonderful daughter for Christmas and she has just given me this today for mothers day!
It is a brilliant companion read to the series. Loads of facts I never knew or missed when watching and some great laugh out loud photos (particularly of Walter and Belly!!)
I am having great fun deciphering the images with the code at the front of the book through each episode. - Just watched another 3 tonight! I always knew they meant something!!!
Excellent book, great take on a fabulous series.
So lucky to have a daughter who knows me so well!!
Easy 5 stars.
on 1 June 2013
What can i say that has not already been said about this ? Nothing really, just a quality, classy and glossy publication that supplements the show perfectly. I particularly like the breakdowns of each FRINGE case (including glyphs !), and also the episode listings, as well as the alphabet. It really does compliment the show perfectly and teaches even the most avid fan of the show some new things. Very well put together, quite heavy, very detailed and looks great on the bookshelf. Well worth every penny. No FRINGE fan should be without it.
on 31 July 2013
One star is for the limited edition by Insight Editions. The normal edition of this book is a five star fabulous piece of work.

Those of us that have waited 6 months for this limited edition are astounded to discover that most of the signatures are not genuine. The whole selling point and reason for the extreme price point was these signatures.

If your edition is out of 300, the signatures are probably genuine. If though your edition number is out of 1267, these are fake and produced by machine.

Beware when purchasing the limited edition.

[...]
on 22 May 2013
I would really recommend this to any one who loved Fringe, it was described as a piece of Fringe history and it really is!

I rate it highly as its really detailed and written in a way nothing gets missed.

Brilliant! =)