5.0 out of 5 stars EVIL IS AS PERRY DOES, 24 Oct 2004
I recieved this book; Resident evil zero hour on its release day from amazon, and after ordering it 4 months ago i can safely say that it was worth the wait!
the book is a novelization of resident evil zero, and transforms a game to a book excellently, this is the 7th book in sd perrys resident evil series and its one of the best novelisations so far (umbrella conspiracy and city of the dead are the best!) and i hope perry never stops writing these novels! the book is superbly written and crafted telling the story from different charecters points of view, each with loads of valuable info on the history of resident evil and the evil umbrella corporation. so buy this book and you wont regret it, the best read ive had for months!

5.0 out of 5 stars i like zombies, 18 July 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Resident Evil - Zero Hour (Resident Evil (Titan Mass Market)) (Mass Market Paperback)
personal taste these. if u like resi u wont be disappointed. i think there great just wish there were more.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 10 Jun 2013
Mizz Amanda (penwortham, uk) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
have now got all of the books out in this seireys. a bit weard to read the game you hav played

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking little read, 2 Jun 2011
Strangely enough, I read this book before playing the video game. I recently re-read it and had wonderful memories about my game cube (those were the days).

With this book you get an atmospheric retread of the game which is a nice story in its own right. The characters are great, and the writing is suitable for younger readers and seems to target that age group. Even though I am in my late twenties, I found the book to be a nice way to spend a few hours, and I recently bought more in the collection. Although, I wish they would reprint them as the prices of them continue to rise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Jan 2010
Conner K. Staplehurst "orkhive" (Hull, England UK) - See all my reviews
Before I start I must state that this is the first book I have read in over 5 years (except from those forced to read in GCSE English).

This book is brilliant, as soon as I started reading Resident Evil Zero I was hooked. The Prologue is one of the best parts to the book, and definately the most memorable. This being said the rest of the book offers plenty of memorable moments and the book is an excellent read from start to end.

A great alternative to anyone who likes the resident evil story, however finds the games too hard to play. Resident Evil Zero explains how the incident from the first Resident Evil happens, has a interesting antagonist and several new T-infected monsters.

A must buy for anyone who likes the Resident Evil in its classic roots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 0, 18 Oct 2009
M. Mohamad "MK" (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
A really good representation of the game, as usual S. D. Perry needed to get rid of some details, but just to make the book smaller and these details are not important.
all the conversations between 'Becca and Billy, William and Wesker are availabe, including bits and peices that were not available in the game.
I really loved and enjoyed it, I wish she could come back to work and do RE4 and RE5.

Oh almost forgot, the book includes some nice jokes or convs between Rebecca and Billy despite the situations they are in.

hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars The root of all evil, 26 Oct 2004
Mr. J. S. Winter "Jay" (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
At last the novilisation of resident evil zero is made into book format covering every detail of the game, in very impressive chapters, it tells the story of rebecca chambers, a rookie member of s.t.a.r.s bravo team and billy coan, an escaped prisoner When a desurted trains brings the unliky heros together they forced to work together in order to survive a deadly series of events that span from a desurted train to deep within an umbella training facility. The book takes every detail and rewirtes it to give the full story such as how billy escaped from the truck and more of weskers plans.
a top book if you have read the others or are new get this book it really rocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, but not the worst either., 3 July 2005
J. Snook "Ichigo_2020 - Anime Buff" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This was the first of the resident evil novels I read, and I was quite impressed. The author of this book has remained faithful to the capcom game and has also brought the characters to life to create a good read.
There have been mysterious murders in raccoon city with victims being eaten. This novel begins with Rebecca chambers and her STARS squad being sent in to investigate. Rebecca is separated from her team and joins up with Billy Coen a fugitive destined to face execution. Togther, the two protagonists battle through hordes of zombies and monsters to uncover the secret of what is going on and above all else survive the nightmare.
The author of this book uses good descriptive writing to create tension and atmosphere. For most of this book, this style is maintained to keep the reader hooked.
Overall, it is a very enjoyable and easy read, however it is a bit shortlived. I reccommend it to fans of the resident evil game series and fans of the sci fi horror book genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Survival Horror! 'Come on in'!, 1 Feb 2009
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Stephanie Perry has had a lot of experience with novelizations of well known science fiction and fantasy movies and computer games. She has also penned some original work as well and is well worth checking out if you like fast well-paced reads to fill a spare moment. I'm a teacher of 33 and I still find much enjoyment with the escapism that these Pocket Book published 270 page reads affords me. I'm a big fan of the games too, as well as a follower of George A. Romero's Zombie movies and Paul W.S Anderson's Resident Evil movie series. I first read Book #1 `The Umbrella Conspiracy' years ago and, after deciding to come back and read them all, I started with this novel `Zero Hour' - the prequel to the whole S.D Perry series.

This novel is infinitely better than `The Umbrella Conspiracy'. That novel started well, featuring an interesting opening 50 pages as the STARS Alpha team get tooled-up in the locker room of Racoon City Police HQ, before going in by Chopper to the Spencer Estate. At that point the passion disappeared and the novel became a simple walk-through of how to complete the Resident Evil Playstation game: imagine someone describing to you how they completed the game, and that is what you have to plough through, battling boredom until the final few pages before the STARS get rescued by helicopter.

Zero Hour has no computer game parameters to hamper its story-telling, enabling S.D Perry to open up her obvious talent and deliver a very sharp adventure story featuring only a handful of characters. This allows for greater depth for the principal characters: Rebecca Chambers and escaped military convict Billy Coen. The action starts on an Umbrella Corp train heading into the depths of the woods, the secret observatory near the Spencer Estate its destination. Umbrella Employee Nyberg is one of many unfortunate inhabitants who are victims of ravenous T-Virus infected `leeches' that crash through the windows and proceed to chow down on the train's passengers.

After mechanical failure brings down the STARS Bravo team's Huey in the depths of the woods, Rebecca Chambers and her team split up in order to search the surrounding forest. Separated from her team, it is Rebecca who comes across the upturned wreck of a military Jeep, the Jeep's inhabitants torn to ribbons by an unknown animal attack. A briefcase of Top Secret documents found at the scene reveals the Jeep was escorting a convicted murderer to death row, but the prisoner, Billy Coen, is not among the victims and is nowhere to be found. Later Rebecca Chambers finds the train at a standstill apparently driverless and boards the carriages to investigate. She encounters numerous hideous sights on board; including salivating blood hounds, shape-shifting leeches, eyeless `Lickers', enormous scorpions, members of the walking dead - and one Billy Coen. After an initial mistrust on both sides the pair team up after witnessing a bizarre musical display of leeches apparently worshipping the form of a man standing atop a hillside in the moonlight. The train moves off on automatic and crashes at high speed on the stopping blocks of the observatory's underground metro station. As they enter the complex and start to fight for survival against creatures reminiscent of the Nemesis and the Tyrant, watching them the whole time is a treacherous Umbrella Administrator, accompanied by one Albert Wesker - apparently on site before heading back to RCPD for the STARS Alpha briefing that opens `The Umbrella Conspiracy'.

During the Umbrella Conspiracy the writing is hampered slightly by some noticeable lapses in logic; that of having the principal characters constantly split up during key moments when they should be staying together. Similar moments occur in this novel but not nearly as often and not nearly as illogical. After some well-described wanderings through several zones of the Spencer Observatory, they finally encounter the man responsible for all the bizarre events - a former acolyte of Master Spencer himself, and someone who enjoys a strangely symbiotic relationship with the shape-shifting leeches littered about the place.

Wesker starts the self-destruct sequence and makes himself scarce, Rebecca and Billy bail just in time to avoid the Observatory erupting in a massive explosion. As the novel draws to a sadly abrupt ending, this is one area where the author admittedly shoe-horns in some tenuous plot-links in order to set things up for the beginning of `The Umbrella Conspiracy'. Wesker was perhaps only included in this prequel adventure to fill in the gaps between the Becky/Billy moments, and after sadly not sharing a post adventure snog, Rebecca calmly walks away from him without even properly saying `goodbye', towards the Spencer Estate so as to set up her appearance in the basement level storeroom where Chris Redfield finds her in the next book.

Nevertheless, this is a very fun read and would make an excellent prequel movie to the Resident Evil movie series should one ever be made. We would need someone with the appropriate level of inherent `Nerdiness' and enthusiasm to pull it off to our satisfaction. And who could it be? Paging Joss Whedon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars First class zombie action., 19 April 2007
Mr. D. Bell "Dan Bell" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I didnt join the Resident Evil revolution until part 4 on the PS2. I only bought this after much pestering from a work colleague who told me repeatedly that it is the best game ever made. In the end I got it just to shut him up. I thought I would give it a few minutes, realise its not for me and then take it back for an exchange. 5 hours later I thought I had better get off to bed! I was hooked and really wanted to know what happens across the whole series.

After this I bought a Gamecube, and the first Resident Evil game and I couldn't wait to play it. Once I got started I was gutted. It was my worst nightmare as it was nothing like Resi 4. The rooms are shown from one angle, the controls are poor and I just cant get into a game in which you have to spend hours and hours finding things just to unlock a door. I can totally appreciate that some people love these type of games but they are not for me. I have neither the time nor the patience to bother with it. I gave up and was disspaionted that I wouldnt be able to follow the story from the beginnning to part 4. Eventually I heard the games were being novelised and I couldnt wait to get hold of them.

I have just finished zero hour and I have to say that it is fantastic. It is not very long but explains the story in great detail. There are plenty of exciting action scenes and zombies galore. I will definitely get the rest in the set as at last I can follow the story without spending hours and hours staring at my TV.

First class zombie material. If only they made the Resident Evil movie as good as this.

ARRAY(0x9ee58cfc)

Resident Evil - Zero Hour (Resident Evil (Titan Mass Market))
Resident Evil - Zero Hour (Resident Evil (Titan Mass Market)) by S. D. Perry (Mass Market Paperback - 25 Jan 2013)
6.99