Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 May 2015
I love the Barrington Stoke books and I cannot recommend them enough to those who have dyslexia and children with dyslexia. This particular story although it was quite short compared to a 'regular' book aimed at same age group had a great story, there was suspense and tension. My child really enjoyed reading it with me. The layout of the pages make it very accessible. It is just a shame that these books are not widely stocked in state schools. I realise 'regular' books are cheaper but once a child develops a love for reading then their self-esteem rises.
on 21 June 2015
If you have a reluctant reader who might be desperate to seem like a more sophisticated reader than they actually are then this is a good start that might help ignite their enthusiasm and boost confidence. The paper and print really did help - I was sceptical but I did notice a subtle difference.
on 27 July 2013
low ability boys will love the cover and story and might even be tempted to read it again! buy it
on 29 November 2014
It's a little bit too short in my opinion but my son enjoyed reading it.