5.0 out of 5 stars An uplifting story with no horror
Published on 23 May 2013 by Caroline Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars In spite of this the story is nice and original
I actually expected something a bit bigger and scarier, but I should have known that a children's book would be very short, with (lovely) illustrations and very large writing. In spite of this the story is nice and original, I ended up giving it to a young cousin of mine, I'm sure he enjoyed it more than I did.
Published 8 months ago by Xenia D.

5.0 out of 5 stars An uplifting story with no horror, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
Apart from Cirque du Freak, I haven't read any of Darren Shan's books, mainly because horror isn't a genre than appeals to me. However, I just read this and thought it was FABULOUS. It is a kind of spiritual thriller and reminds me of some of the Syriac manuscripts I read when I was studying Hebrew and Jewish studies at SOAS. Written simply yet clearly, Hagurosan is a gripping book with an uplifting message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
A nice little book by Darren Shan. I would say for all ages, at age 23 I felt this was targeted more towards Darren's younger readers, but was still a pleasant read.

I would say you can definitely tell it's Darren's style.

The book is very short and took all of about an hour to read, but that's not a bad thing. Because of it's shortness you don't get the same sort of character attachment that you would from The Saga or Demonata, but again that's not a bad thing.

Would definitely recommend this to Shansters and Shan-virgins alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Children with Dyslexia, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
A short story from the "master of horror", Darren Shan has written a very touching short story for children. Perfect for children who suffer from dyslexia. A lovely book to read from start to finish.

3.0 out of 5 stars In spite of this the story is nice and original, 18 Oct. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
I have read every Darren Shan Book, kids series, adult series, and being dyslexic I thought I would give this one a go. I read it within half an hour and I found it amazing how a simple story can grip and move you

3.0 out of 5 stars A Japanese fable, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
Not what I expected. I thought Darren Shan wrote horror, but this is a Japanese fable. Knowing that Barrington Stoke write books for emerging, reluctant readers and normally aged at teenagers, I can't see that age group reading it. The story itself is a typical fairy tale/fable and there's nothing wrong with it and it has quite a clever ending. Inerspersed with B&W drawings the annoying thing was the page with a quote on it before the start of each chapter - for me it added nothing to the story, but was more a literary device. The cover has a clever gimmicky textured picture, but it could actually have been made holgraphic to make it more interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book,for a kids book, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
loved this book but it is a kids book
font is really big
recomend it to anyone who has a young boy
adding this book to my collection imediatley
darren shan never disapoints

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
book was excellent would def recommend everybody reads this.sad but Darren shan is an excellent writer and always seems to shoch and do the unexpected

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
Great piece of work , could not put it down. Easy to read and understand. Nice little story makes you think about your self and it draws you in to it

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely a Shanny!!, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Hagurosan (Paperback)
Darren Shan has created an amazing world and all of his series are fantastic for children of any age...even grown up ones =)

Hagurosan
Hagurosan by Darren Shan (Paperback - 15 May 2013)