4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book. Daughter loved it
Published 7 months ago by L. Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed
It was not the type of "book" I was expecting. I read to children from Kdg. to 2nd grade and I love reading Julia Donaldson's books. I will be able to use this book with my second graders and since I have read the book, see how they comprehend the book. It should have been one of her I Can Read or Sunbird (?) books. I have those and enjoy them.
Published on 5 Sep 2012 by Marion A. Knott

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book. Daughter loved it, 9 Feb 2014
L. Miller "Luke" (Ches Vegas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
Bought this for my daughter who is 6 and has been enjoying learning to read at School. Bought this for her to see if she could read it herself. Expected her not to bother but she picked it up and read it all to me in one sitting. This is a very entertaining and accessible book involving the capers of a snake called Doris. Julia Donaldson has come up trumps once again. After years of wading through the Gruffalo over and over again I was intrigued to see how her stories for slightly older kids panned out. I now need to find some other books very similar to this one as it went down a complete treat! And a hungry young reader is now waiting for her next literary conquest

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow great story, 10 July 2013
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
Both my boys love Julia Donaldson anyway. But this is great and my nearly 7 year old is happy to read it every night. Julia bring more out please........ Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the size (only 12cmx17cm) and the fact that it is only black and white illustrations. Otherwise looks very good!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
I was disappointed receiving this little book, as i had not realised that the series’ ‘code name’ “Little gems” actually means a SMALL size (17cmx12cm) book, with only black and white illustrations.

My grandson is only five, still needs large colours for illustration to enjoy a book, while I am reading it for him...

I guess, by the time he will be 6 or 7, he will enjoy holding and reading it alone, but at the moment i am truly upset, that Amazon did not make the size of the book crystal clear.

Also to be able to look inside and see the COLOURLESS, only black and white illustrations - for me to chose, then whether I wish to buy these or the nice, large size one, with colours in it!

I am sure the text is as wonderful as every Julia Donaldson book, and there is absolutely room for these on the market, I just wish I was INFORMED clearly about the size, and nature of it, by the Amazon site clearly, in advance!

5.0 out of 5 stars my 7 year old loved this book!, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
My 7 year old opened the packet when it arrived and by the time we noticed, she finished reading it! Does it need a better recommendation?

4.0 out of 5 stars The Snake Who Came to Stay, 8 May 2014
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
Another good book by Julia Donaldson, who's always a favourite! My 6 and 8 year olds both love the stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for struggling readers, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
My eldest son is eight and struggles a little bit with reading. His school suggest he has dyslexic tendencies. He found these books really easy to read and enjoyed the fact that he could read a book with a little more plot and story-line but without complex sentence structure. The pages are off-white and the font easy on the eye. The illustrations help to bring the story to life. Illustrations are not very common in stories at this level. Well done Julia Donaldson. Can we have some more?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
A really heart warming, funny story. My son loved it so much he made me read it everyday for a week and he still laughed even though he knew what was coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars For all snake lovers, 23 Feb 2013
Ian Suttle (Vammala Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
If you like the other Julie Donaldson's books then you will like this one. The story is well written and when the kids are older they can read it for them selves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for reading on their own, 5 Sep 2014
J. irving "j" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)
Bought for my 8 yr old who read it himself and declared it brilliant!

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) (Paperback)

The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems)
The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems) by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 3 Sep 2012)