Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 April 2013
A really nice spin on the superhero genre, where the heroes are gods treating humans like cattle. The artwork is uniformly great but the occasional switch of artist can be disorienting. Other than that a cracking read.
on 4 August 2015
An enjoyable romp with a satisfyingly British feel to it. My only criticisms of the book are 1) Mark Harrison's brilliant artwork sops abruptly half way through to be replaced with a much less higher standard of work but thats down to my own aesthetic preferences (for instance, I prefer the Henry Flint Judge Dredds to Esquerra's but thats me!) and 2) the profoundly unsatisfying and abrupt ending which left a bad taste in my mouth; literally, I had a WTF?! moment when I turned the last page to discover it had ended, sort of like someone editing the last five minutes out of a film. Still, the storyline is internally quite coherent and sets up an intriguing mythos; Guillermo del Toro could have a field day on celluloid. From the sparse extra notes and concept art provided at the end it appears this little project was stillborn. I hope the authors, and in particular Mark Harrison, will return for a second volume. Having said that of you can pick it up for a reasonable price its worth the read.
on 7 October 2014
It had some good ideas and artwork however the story was a bit mushed and jumpy. It just needed some clearer explanations, in the end it does all come together however i think that the main overall plot was predictable and all of the small bits weren't so easy to figure out. (It should be the other way around)

I think that maybe that is because it all had to be squished into one volume. I think it would be better if it had been written over two volumes.
on 19 February 2013
As a long time (but with gaps) 2000AD subscriber this a story I only ever got part, so this collection completes the story for me.
It's extremely funny, dark, original, thought provoking and the art is great.
All the things that make 2000AD great