on 23 February 2014
Before I begin, I have to confess I am a Geordie so therefore predisposed to love anything conceived in my native city. Yes, even Sting. However the Viz's collections always go down a storm no matter who I buy them for - and you don't have to be from Newcastle to appreciate one of our best exports.

They are close to the bone and the humour is at times gross and cringeworthy but always funny. The Viz's satirical look at life and the absurdities therein have often brought tears of laughter. But be warned: some people do find it offensive so if you haven't read it before, you might want to check. This is more 'Family Guy' than 'The Simpsons' (buy infinitely more funny than both).

These collections are a great introduction and for once that present you get for Uncle Phil who you can't buy anything for will have him sitting in the corner chuckling months late remembering why you're a great person to know.
on 27 November 2013
The book arrived in the most beautiful envelope, adorned with the cryptic phrase "Amazon.co.uk".
The pages inside are of the utmost quality, each page feels like a velvet whisper on the tips of my fingers.

I have read all previous books in this series, and am intrigued by the continuing narrative of the main characters.
I look forward to the next chapter of their exciting lives.
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2014
I'm a lifelong VIZ fan and while it may not be as funny as it used to be, it is a British institution that should continue for as long as possible. I'm a paid subscriber of the 10 editions a year print copy but I always but the annual to complete my collection of VIZ annuals that sit proudly on my bookshelf (I just wish the publishers maintained a consistent size for the book). We must continue to support our beloved VIZ!
on 29 June 2015
Another great collection of cuts from previous Viz magazines, packaged together conveniently for keeping safe. I guess you either love Viz or don't really understand what the fuss is about, so if you if you not sure what you'll get be warned - you may be very offended / upset / disgusted etc, but that is what Viz is all about; taking a swipe at the rediculous society we now live in here in the UK. Everbody and everything is fair game to the people who produce Viz, which for me is part of it's appeal. This is effectively adult humour which should make anyone smile. On a more serious note, a lot of the characters featured in Viz are easily recognizable sterotypes, be they celebrities, or just the bloke down the pub. We all know people like these, and this is often what makes the whole offering more amusing. I would definately recommend this - just keep an open mind!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2013
..... that's what you'll need in order to appreciate this hilarious 2013 collection of "Viz" best bits, and I'm proud to own up to being in agreement with all the other tasteless, mostly 5-star reviewers on this product page. Our favourite characters are all here - the Fat Slags, Sid the Sexist, Johnny Fartpants, Meddlesome Ratbag, Major Misunderstanding, and many others to remind us of our friends and neighbours. There are highly entertaining take-offs of movie stars and other celebs, tabloid letters pages, Jane Austen costume dramas, royalty, the church and a thousand other aspects of life, whether ridiculous already or simply made so in these pages.

Nor is there any escape for those in power, or for those who would so much like to be such as certain well-known terrorist organisations. There are hours of fun here, innocent, satirical and smutty - most commonly the latter of course - and many of its 160 pages had me in stitches. That's a lot more than I can say for most of the other items I usually cover in reviews - but then, since my usual subjects are renaissance and baroque music, with the occasional book on military history or true crime thrown in, I suppose that's not surprising. My favourite item? - p.82-83, but I'd be prepared to consider other commentators' suggestions.

Altogether, brilliantly disrespectful fun.
on 27 November 2013
Well what can I say the book is great I am an avid reader and enjoyed it all especially the gardening section although Mr Titcharsh does drone on a bit. The colour pictures do help explain things especially on themo nuclear ovens as used by those popular pie makers I always wondered why their pasties were so hot.
on 23 February 2014
Got this for my son to add to his collection, he read it and loved it as always, i read it and can say i enjoyed it.
on 4 March 2014
Bought for my Husband for Christmas. He loves it. Chuckles like a little kid when reading it. Glad I bought it.
Like a lot of Guys of my age I really miss getting the Beano Annual every year so this is the next best thing.

Containing the cream---- goodness how that phrase has been abused here talking of Viz- of editions 202- 212 from this years mags you get a big fix of Viz.

It's great for when the Mother in Law comes round to lunch on Christmas day- just use it to wedge the door closed!!!
on 5 April 2016
My 30 year old son really enjoyed this book and it kept him amused for many hours when he got it for Christmas. He frequently dips into it when he comes to visit and you often hear him chuckling away to himself. I'm sure it requires a certain type of sense of humour to appreciate it but I would recommend it.